Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is currently accepting applicants for Analyst positions in our Trading group. The successful candidate will exhibit a high level of professionalism and willingness to learn midstream and Trading business as it applies to our assets.
- Provide market analysis on specific commercial opportunities;
- Interpret and adhere to associated marketing contracts;
- Assist traders with invoicing and contract updates;
- Track supply contracts and volumetric performance;
- Maintain and communicate up-to-date market information (pricing, trends, opportunities, etc) to the marketers;
- Maintain multiple spreadsheets to track and report on profit forecasting, budget comparisons, exposure reporting, etc.;
- Analyze profits, budgets, etc. and provide variance explanations;
- Prepare budget, volume summaries, pricing documents for various meetings with traders, and management
- Build and maintain relationships while interacting with the Plains’ assets, customers and joint venture partners;
- Liaising with other departments as required
- Recent graduate of a Bachelor of Commerce, Economics or Management program
- One to three years of prior industry experience
- Highly motivated with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong willingness and desire to learn;
- Goal oriented and able to contribute as a team player;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Advanced computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Excel; and
- Enjoys working with multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume online through the CFA job board as well as www.plainsmidstream.com on or before May 27th, 2019
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Commodities Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors