Senior Investment Manager - Private Markets
U.S. Bank (“USB”) is looking for a senior investment professional to join the private markets investment team. The private markets team is responsible for sourcing, conducting diligence, monitoring and merchandizing of private market investment opportunities (e.g. private equity, venture capital, private debt and private real assets) for the various client segments that include small institutions, and ultra-high-net-worth and high-net-worth individuals and families.
This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to join an active and rapidly growing private markets program within one of the most respected financial institutions in the industry. The individual will participate in the design and execution of an industry leading private markets program. The individual will also be an integral part of the team and will play a leadership role in sourcing, evaluating, recommending, monitoring, presenting investment ideas and mentoring junior investment staff.
- Collaborate with private markets team members to source and evaluate investment opportunities
- Lead due diligence efforts on private market investments
- Prepare investment thesis, due diligence reports and investment memos and present to investment committees
- Develop/maintain relationships with internal portfolio managers, intermediaries and private market general partners
- Work with other units within USB when negotiating on prospective and ongoing investments
- Prepare presentation materials for clients across various business segments
- Monitor existing investments
- Provide research and analytical support to the private markets team and for ad-hoc requests
- Track private market industry to provide guidance and narrative on what is occurring in those markets and how it relates to USB’s investment views
- Participate in client and prospect meetings and provide marketing support to internal portfolio managers
- Assist in mentoring and developing interns and other analysts
- Actively work with financial databases such as FactSet, Pitchbook, Private-I, Preqin, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- Level 3 Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation or equivalent advance credentials
- Five to seven years of investment and research experience
- Five to seven years of private market investment experience
- Thorough understanding of investment management technical and fundamental analysis
- Advanced knowledge and experience in quantitative analysis and financial modeling
- Good understanding of the economy and market conditions and the impact on differing investment styles and strategies
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.