As part of the risk management & compliance team, this position will support the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer with all facets of risk management. Primary responsibilities will include policy development, risk identification, measurement and reporting for the entire range of asset classes and portfolios covering both public and private markets. Duties will also include modelling, stress testing, scenario analysis and other efforts to support thorough and comprehensive assessment and ongoing monitoring of risks. This position is based in Juneau Alaska.
- Extensive knowledge of investment products, strategies, markets and financial models
- Strong aptitude for quantitative research, applied statistics, and risk measurement methods
- Work independently at very granular levels, while also being able to scale up and engage with CRO and senior management when required.
- Strong commitment to APFC’s vision and its shared values of integrity, stewardship and passion
- Self-motivation and very strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Intellectual curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- Humility, tenacity, and professional flexibility
- A belief that great outcomes come from great teams; a demonstrated ability to collaborate well in a small collaborative team environment
- Ensure comprehensive and timely capture of positions and exposures to identify and measure risks
- Update and maintain risk models and risk tools
- Analysis of portfolio structure and sources of risk versus benchmarks
- Conduct industry and market research; collect, analyze and summarize data
- Develops understanding of risk management approaches of external portfolio managers
- Performs attribution analysis of portfolio risk and returns and compares to active risk sources
- Maintains and develops private equity, infrastructure cash flow and risk modeling
- Risk modeling of proxy for private asset portfolios
- Monitors portfolio positions, holdings as well as exposure to market, credit, and liquidity risks.
- Develops cash flow models, capital structure analyses for private investments and methods for efficient production of routine risk reports
- Maintains proficiency with key analytical tools including: Aladdin or other Risk Analytics tool; Bloomberg; Burgiss Private I and Private Informant; Private Equity Manager Web Portals; Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
Special Risk-Related Research Projects
o Potential asset classes: public equity, private equity, infrastructure, hedge funds, fixed income, distressed debt, and other asset classes as needed
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, accounting, or Business Administration or quantitative fields such as Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering
- 3 - 5 years related work experience
- Understanding of portfolio structuring, risk management and financial modeling
- Strong problem solving skills and sound business judgement to identify issues and present creative solutions
- Detail oriented and able to work independently at granular levels, while also being able to engage with colleagues and senior management as required
- Skill in developing efficient methods to produce routine reports
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Analytical tool proficiency and routine risk report production. Exceptional Microsoft Excel and Office Suite skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- MBA, MS in finance, or CFA designation
- Proficiency in operational risk management techniques
- Working knowledge of Aladdin risk system
- Ability to review existing methodologies and practices and propose improvements
- Ability to engage and advise senior management
- Ability to develop ad hoc or standardized reports and presentations for risk information in user friendly format using Microsoft Office Suite or other software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, removed or changed at any time with or without notice.
APFC provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all. APFC follows all applicable Federal and State laws and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other class protected by law.
Additional information may be found on our careers page at apfc.org/careers