Sr Advisor Investment Review
- As a member of the Corporate Investment Review group, provides financial, economic and risk analysis in support of the evaluation of domestic and international projects and new business initiatives, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Responsible for reviewing and developing sophisticated financial models that reflect the appropriate accounting and tax policies for the project and ensuring that the project is evaluated in accordance with established corporate standards and coordinating management and Board approvals.
- Ensure that business development initiatives are consistent with and supportive of overall corporate strategies.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Technical Manager, Investment Review the Sr Investment Review Advisor will be responsible for the following activities.
- Building, reviewing and maintaining comprehensive financial models for new projects and business development initiatives, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Financial models will include:
- Integrated financial statements.
- Enbridge consolidation and accretion impacts.
- Standardized valuation metrics to permit inter-project comparisons.
- Appropriate tax, financing, accounting and legal considerations.
- Financial, economic and other key inputs provided by the operating divisions to ensure realistic and consistent assumptions.
- Assist in the determination of strategic alignment for new business development initiatives, including organic growth projects and asset acquisitions/divestitures.
- Provide guidance to Business Unit project development and Corporate support (Tax, Treasury, Financial Risk, Credit, Corporate Controllers) teams on Investment Review practices and the capital allocation approval processes.
- Contribute to periodic Post Investment Reviews of projects that compare the actual performance of investments versus commitment economics.
- Collect and analyze information on a wide variety of issues including industry activities, supply and demand for natural gas and electricity and economic parameters to support financial modeling and project evaluations.
- Interacts effectively with personnel across the organization and externally.
- University Business degree or related education from a nationally recognized program (MBA and/or CPA, CFA) and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in the energy sector or investment bank.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior financial modeling skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships throughout the organization and third party advisors, including operating company staff, investment bankers, lawyers and tax experts.
- Knowledge of regulatory, taxation and accounting issues considered an asset.
- Proficient in PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors