Coach (Home Based)
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Are you motivated by developing others to serve clients to the best of their ability? Do you get fulfilment out of helping others adopt new behaviors to reach their full potential? Do you have a keen ability to ask thought provoking questions to identify skill gaps and opportunities? Would you describe a gratifying career as forming relationships with a variety of individuals, engaging and inspiring them to succeed? If so, the Coach opportunity could be the right move for you!
As a Coach within Branch Team Performance, you will have the opportunity to provide customized one-on-one, group, or team coaching (over-the-phone and in person) for our Financial Advisors, field leaders, and branch teams at various stages of their career. You will partner with individual FAs and Branch Teams to develop strength-based strategies aligned with their vision to deliver the Edward Jones Client Experience and exceed business and leadership objectives.
* Building relationships while conducting regularly scheduled one-on-one, team or group coaching conversations via phone or in person with FAs, branch teams, or leadership teams
* Supporting Financial Advisors and Branch Teams to adopt the behaviors (competency and capability) necessary to deliver the Edward Jones Client Experience.
* Discussing business building and client service strategies with FAs and Branch Teams by asking thought provoking questions and developing customizing coaching plans to achieve results
* Engaging in purposeful practice activities to increase FA/Branch Team confidence
* Supporting leaders to lead more effectively by focusing on leadership competencies such as communication, empowerment, change leadership, and motivation.
* Building self and department coaching skills by engaging in development activities
* Collaborating and aligning with others in the Home Office and Field serving as a subject matter expert on committees and projects as needed
* Bachelor's degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
* Coaching certification to be obtained as part of the Coaching onboarding and ongoing development process
* 3-5+ years professional coaching experience (either as a professional coach or in a role with a significant coaching component) preferred
* 3+ years in Financial Services industry preferred
* Planning, organizing, and time management
* Proven ability to drive for results
* Knowledge of coaching processes and adult learning theory
* Effective communication skills in written and verbal format including active listening and the ability to deliver developmental feedback
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, performance management tools, and intranet