Reporting to the Regional Finance Director for Southern Europe, the successful candidate will collaborate with business units to develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control within the organization in a regional level.
Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Prepares management reports and summaries.
This role will expand the Finance value within and across regions.
- Prepares internal and external financial statements and reports;
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements and reports;
- Assists with the preparation and analysis of budgets;
- Prepares periodic financial forecasts and variance analysis;
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts;
- Performs economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements;
- Provides financial support to business units, other divisions or subsidiaries; acts as a liaison between Finance and operating units, acting as a Business Partner;
- Identifies financial trends and developments within the organization and presents findings to management;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to initiate and lead projects;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Ability to travel on frequent basis;
- Strong Business partnering background; good analytical skills;
- Ideally IT or service sector experience
- Proactive/high achiever profile – someone able to ultimately bridge succession gaps in your organization and who will drive not just do;
- Able to play a role in international engagements (in EMEA or even beyond EMEA) to develop partnering, business analysis and support to senior management – primary need is to support Southern Europe, also being able to step up and play outside the region;
- Good English language skills (Spanish and Italian will add value).
- Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in accounting or related field required. Master’s degree and/or OCC certification preferred (or internationally, a recognized accountancy qualification).
- Typically requires a minimum of eight years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a large corporate environment.
If you have, ambition, determination to succeed and the skills, experience and aptitude to help drive SAS forward, we want to hear from you.