Junior Equity Analyst
Blue Whale Capital was founded in 2016 by Peter Hargreaves and Stephen Yiu. The firm currently manages over £125m in the flagship Blue Whale Growth Fund and has delivered top tier performance since inception. Its annualised return to-date is over +18.5%.
Due to rapid growth in AUM Blue Whale is now looking to hire a Junior Equity Analyst to work closely with the Portfolio Managers in researching investment ideas across the global equity universe.
Main duties of the role
- All aspects of researching selected equities (reviewing annual reports, constructing financial models, interviewing management etc.).
- Creating and defending investment ideas.
- Monitoring existing portfolio investments.
- Contributing to the investment debate amongst the team.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (e.g. sell-side, buy-side, private equity, venture capital or M&A).
- Passion for investment.
- Strong commitment to learn and develop as an equity analyst.
- CFA or ACA preferred.