Emerging Markets Credit Anlayst-Asia
EMERGING MARKETS CREDIT ANALYST - ASIA
Since our founding in 1955, Federated Investors, Inc. has grown to become one of the nation’s largest investment managers, with assets under management of approximately $460 billion. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
Federated Investors has an exciting opportunity for an emerging market credit analyst covering the Asia region to join the Fixed Income International team at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The dedicated Emerging Markets team, with offices in London and Pittsburgh, is part of the International Fixed Income group which manages over $3 billion in assets.
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong, revitalized economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and, vibrant arts, food, cultural and sports scenes.
- Bachelor Degree required; business related field preferred, MBA and/or CFA a plus
- Minimum one to three years emerging market corporate credit analysis experience required; a minimum of one year of corporate Asia credit experience preferred; sovereign credit analysis experience is helpful
- Thorough understanding of the economic and political drivers of emerging markets
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis and decision making skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement and covenant analysis required
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and Bloomberg required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; Fluency in the language(s) of the Asian region helpful
- Demonstrated ability to work independently along with the ability to work as a contributing member of a team
- Ability to travel internationally required
- Initiate, perform and maintain high-level of independent, in-depth and complex research and analysis of Asia emerging market corporate debt in order to provide quality recommendations for asset allocations within the portfolios. The investment analysis will include financial statement analysis, evaluation of covenant structures, financial modeling, comparable company analysis as well as assessment of industry, political and macroeconomic trends.
- Utilize analysis to formulate investment ideas and clearly articulate it to the portfolio managers for inclusion in the portfolio. This includes generating and diligently communicating value-added buy, sell and hold recommendations on individual credits and other relevant information to the portfolio.
- Independently and diligently seek research and remain apprised of country, political, company and industry trends. Sources include, but are not limited to, industry publications, public documents, annual reports, trade journals, interviews with management teams, working with sell-side research analysts and reviewing financial statements and earnings transcripts. Methodology includes channel checks, rating agencies, attendance at industry trade shows, networking with industry competitors, clients and suppliers should be utilized.
- Maintain relative value models and spreadsheets
- Gather country, sector and company data to be used in determining a credit and sector recommendation
- Proactively develop and maintain working rapport with external company/agency personnel.
- Participate in investment meetings within the firm
- Diligently monitor news sources from around the world with particular attention to the designated region
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.