Junior Portfolio Manager
BlueOrchard was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide and has since evolved into a leading global impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth while providing attractive returns for investors. Headquartered in Zurich, BlueOrchard has offices in Phnom Penh, Tbilisi, Lima, Nairobi, Luxembourg, Singapore and Geneva. To date, the company has invested over USD 6bn across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Junior Portfolio Manager – Emerging Markets Bonds
The Investment Solutions Team is responsible for the portfolio management of impact investment funds and mandates of BlueOrchard, including the emerging and frontier markets bonds, green bonds and impact bonds portfolio. We are now looking to add a junior portfolio manager to our growing practice, based in the city of Zurich, with the following responsibilities:
Your main responsibilities
- Supporting the portfolio and liquidity management for the Emerging Market SDG Impact Bond fund;
- Credit and risk/return analysis of issuers in emerging and frontier markets;
- Portfolio construction for a portfolio of emerging markets bonds, green bonds, impact bonds;
- Portfolio monitoring, reporting and analysis for internal and external requests, supporting business development, impact management and board level activities;
- Conducting various tasks related to portfolio analysis, including macro and market research;
- Assessing the impact footprint of target investments;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with banks and intermediaries;
- Supporting the development of new portfolio management tools and initiatives.
Your knowledge and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in fixed income;
- Experience in performing credit analysis with a background in Emerging markets and Financials sector desirable;
- Top academic credentials (MSc preferred), with emphasis on Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar;
- Understanding of fixed income investing, in-depth knowledge of principles of portfolio construction, portfolio construction experience desirable;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, proficiency in other languages desirable;
- Strong quantitative & IT skills.
Your personal profile
- Sincere interest in sustainability and social impact in emerging and frontier markets;
- Demonstrated self-starter with excellent work ethics and positive energy;
- Ability to formulate independent opinions;
- Ability to cope work under pressure;
- Team player with a track record of work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability, attention to detail;
- Willingness to live and work in Switzerland (valid Swiss work permit), ability to undertake occasional work related travel.
Please apply in ENGLISH via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is 31.05.2019.