Chief Investment Officer
Title: Chief Investment Officer
Reports to: Managing Member
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Status: Full time
About The Advocate Group
The Advocate Group provides financial planning and investment management services. We specialize in navigating the unique financial opportunities and challenges facing executives and their families from some of Minnesota’s most prominent companies. Our planning-centric process informs our ability to help coordinate complex cash flow, estate, charitable, tax and investment needs on behalf of our clients. Website: www.theadvocategroup.com.
The CIO provides leadership and serves as the senior investment expert for the firm. This position is responsible for coordinating all activities relating to investment decisions, the investment process, and investment philosophy. This includes coordinating and overseeing the research, due diligence, analysis, strategic decision making, and monitoring of investment decisions, the approved investment securities list, development and management of investment models, and oversight and development of the investment staff. The CIO works closely with the financial planning team to develop investment strategies suitable for each client’s needs and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and ownership of the investment function, including development of staff, processes and procedures.
- Monitor all client portfolios to ensure compliance with portfolio management process and client-specific requirements.
- Develop/enhance existing investment options/models.
- Manage custodial relationships to ensure firm and client needs/expectations are met; identify opportunities to maximize custodial relationships, while managing expenses.
- Meet with clients and prospects to design and implement highly-customized investment solutions.
- Guide messaging for big-picture investment and market themes, to communicate the firm’s thought process and position to staff, clients and prospects.
- Support the needs of future clients and the company’s business plan.
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach in a flat organization to solicit input from planning and operations teams to achieve the above duties and responsibilities.
- 12+ years of investment management experience in a RIA or family office setting
- Superior understanding and proficiency of public equity and fixed income investments
- CFA preferred
- Strong ethical and professional standards with an understanding of RIA regulations
- Demonstrated superior communication and client service skills
- Solid strategic thinker, problem solver and decision maker
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- You will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers personal trading activities for you and members of your household.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Bonus based on performance targets
- Equity/firm ownership opportunity
- Benefits include 401(k), health care, dental
- Flexible schedule and/or work from home opportunities available, as appropriate
The Advocate Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer