Regional Supervising Editor - Investment Commentary
At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Franklin Templeton Investments is in search of a Regional Supervising Editor to join our Investment Commentary Group, with staff located in California, Florida, New York, New Jersey, Singapore, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom. The group writes and routes monthly, quarterly and other periodic investment commentaries for client service, sales, financial advisor, registered investment advisor, institutional, international and public use. The position is a hybrid role, consisting of writing and editorial responsibilities focused on multiple asset classes, as well as the supervision of writers and other commentary staff located within the East Coast of the United States and Europe.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Regional Supervising Editor?
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of investment writers covering equity, fixed income and multi-asset investment mandates
- Ensure deadlines and objectives are being achieved
- Provide direct training to staff for assignments
- Assist the group’s Director in analyzing writer capacity and resource allocation
- Manage relationships with regional contacts for Portfolio Management, Global Client Service Support, Marketing and Corporate Communications
- Provide oversight by editing scheduled, recurring commentary deliverables and addressing related concerns of internal and external clients
- Write and supervise the production of scheduled recurring commentary deliverables, serving as an SME for business partners globally
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 8–10 years writing, editorial and/or managerial experience in the financial services industry, with broad exposure to multiple asset classes, in roles showing progressive responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in English, communications, economics or similar discipline; MBA or CFA not required, but a plus
- Solid, proven understanding of investment products and industry; in-depth knowledge of the firm’s products and the overall industry
- Demonstrated success in adhering to schedules, multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail, organization of materials and cooperating with team members
- Series 6/26 or 7/24 required at hiring or within 3 months thereafter
- Knowledge of business desktop applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, etc.). Experience with Quark Publishing Platform a plus
What makes Franklin Templeton unique? In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success. We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”. Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.