Regional Sales Coach (In Field Support) - Home Based Associate, AB
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we've located our 12,000+ branch offices in the neighborhoods where our nearly 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with them. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience.
* Providing tailored training, coaching and mentoring to financial advisors from onboarding through their first selling year, on a proactive basis (or further, based on need).
* Modeling and/or observing key activities that drive FA performance including face to face contacts, phone sessions and appointments.
* Modeling, observing , coaching and consulting with Financial Advisors to assess business and organizational needs and ensure reliable results, on matters such as:
+ Business planning: goals, objectives and strategies. As well as assist with accountability on execution of strategies.
+ Client acquisition and management
+ Networking and referral sources
+ Branding and marketing
+ Time management and efficiency examinations
+ Identify growth opportunities to increase the branch's overall production and profitability
+ Ensure maximum usage of the Firms programs, services and technology
+ Coordinate additional support within sales market or external resources
* Serving as Mentor to address training gaps and issues within the sales market.
* Staying current on all content delivered to financial advisors in their first selling year and practice management tools to assist with implementation.
* Providing consistent communication to in-market Management Team and Home Office areas regarding individual trainee progress, as well as identify gaps in overall training patterns and offer recommended solutions
* Coordinating with in-market management team to align training, coaching and mentoring messaging
* Participating as a member of in-market management team by attending meetings, supporting messaging and providing insight and updates on relevant Firm initiatives
* Serving as subject matter expert on cross-functional teams working to create and introduce new platforms and interfaces designed to improve the client and associate experience
* Having a strong understanding of the unique characteristics, challenges and opportunities of sales markets with greatest growth opportunities
* Accountable for in-market retention, attrition and performance amongst financial advisors supported
* Reinforcing the Firm's culture, values and vision
* Bachelor's degree required; degree in Finance, Sales Communications, Education or similar fields preferred
* 5 plus years as a Financial Advisor; FA experience needs to be meeting or exceeding expectations
* 5 plus years professional coaching experience (either as a professional coach or in a leadership role with a significant coaching component)
* 3 plus years people leadership responsibilities (direct reports) or project management
* IIROC Registration Requirements: CSC, CPH, WME or equivalent is preferred or must become IIROC registered within first 6 months.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong public speaking skills; ability to deliver pre-designed or create new material to individuals or groups
* Strong understanding of training, mentoring and coaching roles with the ability to tailor support provided between these methods
* Courageous with feedback in a candid and respectful manner
* Ability to Travel up to 100% of the time and have reliable transportation
* Ability to work with Financial Advisors and clients outside of a typical office setting
* Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, based on need
* Willingness to adjust schedule and work on a proactive and reactive basis
* Independent thinker with the ability to leverage internal and external resources
* Skilled in planning and organizing in order to prioritize coaching visits based on needs of supported FAs and work on multiple tasks, juggle priorities and monitor one's own progress
* Self-motivated and able to execute independently without day-to-day management
* Proficient use of computer systems, including entire Microsoft Office Suite of tools