Investment Grade Credit Analyst
The Investment Grade Credit Analyst will be responsible for the credit coverage of several major industry sectors and multiple individual company positions. The individual will research new issues and existing investment grade bonds as well as monitor the performance of existing portfolio holdings.
- Conduct fundamental industry/sector research. Analyze and explain financial, management, cyclical, environmental, economic and other drivers that impact a borrower’s ability to service debt. Develop well-researched short and long-term perspectives.
- Conduct independent, detailed analysis of companies across several sectors. Create historical and projected financial models and analyze key financial metrics. Identify and evaluate external factors that contribute to the issuer’s revenues, cash flow, and credit profile. Perform analysis from both a long and short-term perspective, factoring in market dynamics/technical factors, with the end result being the assignment of a TRP credit rating, outlook and investment recommendation. Travel as appropriate to augment company due diligence process.
- Interact with company management teams, other credit analysts, rating agencies, sell-side analysts, and other TRP investment professionals, including TRP Fixed Income and Equity Analysts, Traders and Portfolio Managers. Assimilate and filter various sources of information to develop long term, well-researched investment theses.
- Make sector and credit investment recommendations to Portfolio Managers, other Analysts, credit and advisory committees and external clients. Communicate credit recommendations orally and in writing on a timely basis. Combine sector outlook with individual borrower and relative value metrics, seeking investments that generate above-average returns on a risk-adjusted basis and influence portfolio strategy.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Academic excellence.
- Most critical attributes are solid analytical skills, insight and effective communication.
- TRP emphasizes a team-oriented approach and values collaboration.
- The analyst will be expected to demonstrate these attributes on both an individual and group level, developing cooperative relationships with other TRP investment professionals regionally and globally.
Other attributes include:
- Previous industry experience of 3 years minimum.
- Experience understanding and evaluating company creditworthiness and management quality.
- Ability to make judgments based on market knowledge.
- Experience with financial statement modeling and analysis.
- Prior investment research experience, particularly with investment grade companies.
- Inquisitive and proactive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process. Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail. Open-minded, flexible thought process.
- Willingness to pursue and explore ideas and potential investment opportunities; substantiating one’s ideas in response to questioning by Portfolio Managers, other Analysts and Traders.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong, independent work ethic.
- Previous experience in covering the Insurance, Utility or Aerospace and Defense sectors.
- Advanced degree (MBA) and/or CFA.