Mutual Fund Valuation Analyst
2 days left
Supports the Mutual Fund Accounting Operations team. Ensuring that securities valuations are applied in accordance with the Funds’ Board approved valuation policies and procedures. This person will contribute to the oversight of the valuation process, aids in monitoring and assessing the quality of the prices being used, and provides support to the valuation committee.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Fund’s compliance with Thrivent’s valuation policy through adherence too and continued development of control environment
- Research and implement industry best practices in the development of valuation methodologies and models
- Validate daily prices and price movements while ensuring proper escalation and resolution of pricing exceptions
- Prepare monthly reporting for Thrivent’s Valuation Committee and quarterly reporting for Fund Board of Directors
- Work with Portfolio Management and Sub Advisers to gather necessary information for accurate security valuation
- Participate in internal and external Fund and Valuation Policy audits
- Assist Mutual Fund Reporting and Mutual Fund Tax departments with valuation related inquiries
Required Job Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or economics
- Security Valuation knowledge acquired in the Mutual Fund/Investment Company industry or applicable certification.
- Proficiency in Excel highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles for investments of Mutual Fund companies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Detail orientation and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Other Critical Factors
This position requires a strong working relationship with the trading desks, Portfolio Managers, Investment Operations, Financial Reporting unit, Mutual Fund Tax unit, and Investment Accounting unit and will work closely with the following external parties on a regular basis:
- Pricing Vendors