Director, Equity Trading
This position is responsible for leading and managing the trading activities for all equity-related (including alternatives) instruments for the organization across all geographies, with equal emphasis on International, Emerging Markets and Domestic. This includes ensuring the monitoring of market activity in the respective areas of specialization of trading team members and the communication of insights and conclusions with relevant portfolio managers and analysts; active involvement (with Chief Equity Strategist) in coordinating and administering pre- and post-trade analysis activities; and developing and maintaining securities dealer relationships for securing best execution and responsive behavior to trading intelligence requirements.
- Build and maintain a high-performing and results-oriented trading team capable of execution excellence. Select, develop, coach, reward and recognize team members capable of supporting growing business opportunities while always ensuring ethical and compliant behavior with respect to intern/external regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain active, valuable dialogue, information flow and trading intelligence between trading desk, portfolio managers, research analysts, strategists and operations.
- Monitor, coordinate or delegate all trading processes and decisions while controlling risks in a manner consistent with paramount fiduciary duties.
- Contribute actively to the pre- and post-trade analytics process, with shared responsibility for improvement goals and minimizing costs.
- Facilitate (external) relationships with broker dealers and vendors, including third-party research arrangements and broker allocation management.
- Monitor ongoing regulatory issues and ensure desk awareness of all ongoing developments, with ultimate responsibility for full compliance with regulatory and fiduciary requirements.
- Pursue, investigate and implement new technologies and trading practices aimed at optimizing trade execution, including algorithmic and other emerging, technology-enabled trading strategies.
Required Job Qualifications
- Finance-, Economics- or Mathematics-related degree required. Advanced degree/certification strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years trading experience in a multi-asset trading environment that included quantitative, algorithmic, basket, and swap trading in traditional and alternative securities in International, Emerging and Domestic markets.
- Significant experience and knowledge in working with Bloomberg Trading OMS and utilizing its related platforms and applications (as well as complimentary vendor applications and technologies) to achieve superior trading results.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Competitive spirit with a strong will to “win”.
- Passion for markets.
- Desire to learn and improve, motivated by intellectual hunger and curiosity.
- Superior mental and physical stamina with ability to multi-task and achieve results in high-pressure situations.
You don’t need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the passion to guide our members on their Wise With Money Journey, equipping them to live more content, confident and generous lives. Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.