Investment Operations Manager
As part of the Investment Team, this role provides day-to-day operational oversight of and individual contributions to data management, client reporting, and platform support to the Chief Investment Officer and support functions of the firm.
- Responsible for managing all firm investment data integrity. Works across teams to monitor investment data input and output. Runs regular audit reports and assists with data clean-up as appropriate.
- Responsible for overall execution of client reporting and billing.
- Provides direct supervision for the Investment Operations Specialist, including day-to-day goal setting, performance management, coaching, and operational training.
- Creates quarterly reports and billing statements for all clients and prepares for assembly. Reviews all quarterly reports and billing statements and is responsible for quality assurance. Researches any discrepancies on reports and provides updates.
- Documents and executes on special reporting requests. Works closely with administrative team to ensure timely delivery.
- Acquires and maintains the competency to process firm’s daily reconciliation of transaction activity. Regularly observes Investment Operations systems for best improvement processes and best practice improvements. Helps to identify tasks that could be improved, more fully automated or streamlined.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and communicates regularly with the Technology and Operations Team to ensure alignment with company technology strategy and compliance with established structures and processes.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all outside accounts. Works with advisory team to ensure account accuracy and login availability. Serve as lead resource during annual custody audit, both internal and with external auditors.
- Serves as primary contact for all colleagues for fulfillment of data and report requests, including tax-related reports. Establishes and communicates reasonable parameters for completion and provides data in a timely manner. Audits data for accuracy.
- Compiles cost basis calculations and related activities and enters into portfolio software.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in mathematics, economics, computer science or a related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience required. Financial services experience strongly preferred.
- Must have proven attention to detail and strong, highly developed analytical skills.
- Viable candidates will exhibit a high degree of comfort and user ability with multiple software packages. Advanced level understanding of Excel and SQL a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to prioritize, self-manage and proactively solve problems.