Distribution Management Analyst - Quantitative Analyst (R and SQL Required)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to assist T. Rowe Price institutional clients to optimize their exit strategy as they receive stock distributions from private equity funds. To accomplish this goal, the Distribution Management Analyst conducts analyses, using both quantitative and fundamental research methods, to improve investment decision-making and to inform clients of the DMS investment process and results. The Distribution Management Analyst will also periodically interact with clients and evaluate individual stocks.
- Conducts multi-faceted analyses of DMS distribution equities to better inform investment decision-making. A key aspect of this responsibility includes enhancing and maintaining tools to identify patterns and tendencies among historical distribution receipts with respect to fundamental, technical, and distribution-specific factors.
- Provides analysis to enable the DMS team to convey insights to existing and prospective clients concerning overall and client-specific investment results. Enhances and maintains tools to help track and manage the DMS investment process.
- Periodically interact with existing clients and prospective DMS clients to review, explain, and discuss the DMS investment process and results.
- Conducts due diligence on specific companies held or eventually likely to be received by DMS. These companies typically are not followed by TRP Investment Analysts. This activity will include researching, studying financial statements & industry data, and visiting companies to obtain insights on the potential attractiveness of individual stocks. This due diligence will inform and influence the DMS Portfolio Manager’s decision to hold or sell specific stocks.
- College Degree, particularly with an analytical emphasis
- 2 years of investment analysis experience
- Strong quantitative skills and academic excellence
- Experience using Unix-like operating systems
- Familiarity with database servers such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficiency with data analysis methods and tools such as R, Tableau, and QlikView
- Strong communication skills including business writing and PowerPoint Previous client service experience and/or demonstrated client communication skills
- Knowledge of and interest in financial markets, particularly equities
- Masters Degree, particularly with an analytical emphasis CFA or progress toward the CFA designation