What we are looking for -
The Research Analyst will be involved in many aspects of the economic and research inputs to our investment platform. He or she will participate in the team’s ongoing research and investment analyses, creation of firmwide materials, and third-party manager due diligence. This role offers the opportunity to learn and contribute to the firm’s core investment research functions while working closely with senior members of the team.
You will -
- Update library of investment research materials accessing third-party databases, including Bloomberg, Morningstar, FRED, Global Financial Data, etc.
- Create and maintain professional presentation materials (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) used by advisors in client meetings and communications.
- Create charts and graphs for quarterly publications.
- Consult with national advisor base on investment related topics and inquiries.
- Partner with colleagues across departments on data driven projects.
- Participate in due diligence and monitoring of investment managers and strategies.
- Generate minutes and summaries of committee discussions and manager reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
We want -
- At least two years of experience in an investment management-related industry (asset management, investment banking, endowment, foundation, corporate/public pension fund, family office, wealth management). Exceptional undergraduate candidates will be considered as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business or finance or related field.
- Progress towards the CFA designation preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) as well as one or more investment databases (Bloomberg, Morningstar, FRED, Global Financial Data).
You are -
- Able to work with, analyze and interpret large amounts of economic and financial data while demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding at written and verbal communication skills. The Research Analyst will be expected to communicate to a wide range of constituents – internal management, colleagues, clients and asset managers.
- Experienced at operating successfully in a team-based, intellectually challenging environment. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Someone with impeccable ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A self-starter who takes ownership for his/her work.
- Able to set priorities amongst a variety of tasks and a heavy volume of work.
- Able to provide excellent personal and professional references.
We offer –
- Collaborative fun environment
- Commuter benefit up to $265 monthly
- Generous 401(k) match
- Individual and cash profit sharing bonuses
- Generous company contribution to medical benefits
- Summer ‘Give Back to the Community’ outings
- Catered weekly lunch and healthy snacks
- Paid firm retreats
We are –
ASPIRIANT THE leading independent wealth management firm.
We recognize, respect and value the contributions of each employee, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
Our core values guide us to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve our mission; one where all staff contribute to and share our success. Aspiriant is committed to diversity, and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Applicants should go to www.aspiriant.com, select the ‘Careers’ link in the footer search for open positions in Los Angeles or Orange County. From there attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Aspiriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with San Francisco’s “Fair Chance Ordinance” (FCO).
Aspiriant is a Registered Investment Adviser, subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holding and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities. Candidates are encouraged to request further information regarding these policies.