Head of Finance - acts as a key interface with all the portfolio companies, fund investors & Board
Head of Finance, Compliance & Admin
About Menterra Venture Advisors Private Limited:
Menterra is an investment manager that manages and advises VC funds and investors. It is an impact-oriented, early-stage fund platform, with strong post-investment operating ability. It is launched to address most pressing development challenges through investment in technology Impacting India. Menterra’s investment and impact thesis is focused on improving quality of farming, healthcare and education.
Alongside its incubation partner Villgro, Menterra has built a holistic impact incubation-fund platform that has been at the forefront of evolving impact space in India over last 19 years. Through extensive experience in idea - scale journey of a company, Menterra believes that just providing risk capital is not enough. It has built a diverse team backed by stellar network of advisors to consistently deliver market-level impact and returns.
Menterra’s deep sector focus is well aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and development priorities of the country. It has made 10 investments through its first fund and is now in the process of launching a follow-on fund. Menterra investees are delivering impact at scale through 10 million+ diagnostic tests focused on malnutrition and diabetes, significantly better STEM education to 300,000+ students in 1,000+ schools, consistent and fair market access to thousands of small and marginal farmers.
Menterra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to merit, equity and diversity.
For further information, please visit our website at http://www.menterra.com/.
Role – Head of Finance, Compliance & Admin
The Board and Management of Menterra considers finance & compliance as a very important function. Very robust systems and controls have been built since incorporation of the company in 2015. A big 4 audit firm has been engaged as a statutory auditor of the company. With increasing operations, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Menterra team.
Head of Finance will lead all matters relating to finance, compliance, corporate governance and admin for Menterra and will act as a key interface with all the portfolio companies.
Roles and responsibilities: The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Management and Strategy
- Collaborate with the MD to deliver Menterra’s mission – use power of technology to deliver market-level impact and market-level returns. Serve as a part of the management team - participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, investment and operating decisions and execution.
- Assist the MD in setting up and raising capital from diverse set of individual and institutional investors based in and outside India.
- Develop, review and closely track detailed business plan including financial and operational metrics.
- Prepare necessary materials and information for the Menterra Board. Ensure robust governance norms at Menterra and portfolio companies.
- Investor reporting and relations
- Represent Menterra in key investor meetings and reviews and at other major events as required. Participate in review calls with existing and potential investors.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive financial reporting to donors, as outlined in contracts with donor agencies. Prepare statements and necessary report for the fund investors. Co-ordinate with and respond to the information requested by investors.
- Portfolio management and investment activities
- Assist the investment and operating teams to arrive at a robust capital structure.
- Manage a centralized debt management function with select partners to address working capital needs of different portfolio companies.
- Assist the investment team in selecting IB partners to help raise follow-on equity rounds for portfolio companies.
- Provide inputs on the deal structure and valuation of new investments. Co-ordinate financial and legal diligence for new investments.
- Visit portfolio companies to review and streamline the financial and reporting function in co-ordination with the finance teams of the portfolio companies.
- Act as a central point and facilitator for all financial reporting and detailed internal portfolio reviews. Help develop detailed dashboard and KPIs for each portfolio investment and ensure robust systems to track and monitor impact, financial and operating information.
- Assist the investment and operating team to ensure top notch governance across the portfolio companies.
- Financial Planning, Accounting & Reporting
- Manage cash flows and treasury function. Manage banking relationships.
- Develop profit center wise budgets. Prepare and maintain regular financial reports; monthly expense forecast by segment (vs. projections); rolling 3-month cash out-flow forecast.
- Supervision of outsourced service provider in the following and other areas related to accounts and transactions
- Maintenance of books of accounts through Quickbooks and related activities.
- Incorporate profit center wise reporting and analysis in the accounting system to separately track performance of each activity against budget/projections.
- Conduct all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset verification and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting. Preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Manage payroll and employee reimbursements.
- Assist in computing taxes and preparing tax returns (TDS, GST, Professional Tax, etc.)
- Develop and document robust accounting policies and procedures. Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures, at all times.
- Serve as a key point of contact for internal and external auditors; manage preparation and support of all internal and external audits.
- Participate in HR Administration in areas such as PF, offer letters, increments, appraisals, insurance policies etc.
- Manage the company’s assets, leases and insurance coverage.
- Review all agreements and MoUs and apprise the management about any financial liability, prior to commitments made and signatures by authorized signatories.
- Oversee Admin, vendor and office management to manage various facets of business – travel, corporate gifting, printing & stationery, etc.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- CFA qualification and/or financial analysis background is an added advantage
- The candidate is expected to have 5 years of experience that is relevant to the above role
- Experience in Investment Banking, Audits or a Fund environment is preferred
- Good understanding of, interest in and aptitude for financial accounting, business and financial analysis, GST, Income Tax, Companies’ Act etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work with tight timelines
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors