VP/SVP of Portfolio Management, Direct Lending - Jefferies Finance LLC
Founded in 2004, Jefferies Finance LLC ("JFIN") is a leading leveraged loan investor and arranger owned equally by MassMutual and Jefferies GroupLLC ("Jefferies"). JFIN manages more than $10 billionof capital across three business lines:
- Direct Lending Investment Management: Invests proprietary capital and commitments from third party investors in senior debt to finance middlemarket Private Equity Sponsor ("Sponsors") activity including LBOs, add-on M&A financings, and recapitalizations.
- CLOs (Apex Credit Partners): 15 CLOs investedin broadly syndicated Sponsored loans. JFIN acts as manager and also invests in different tranchesof CLOs under management.
- Loan Underwriting and Arrangement: According to Bloomberg, JFIN was the leadingunderwriter of loans to PE Sponsors in the US in both 2017 and 2018.
- JFIN originates investment opportunities through an exclusive partnership with Jefferies and its team of more than 800 investment bankers that are focused on transacting with Sponsors across the capital markets.
- JFIN's Direct Lending team is seeking a Portfolio Manager to expand its team of portfolio management professionals. The Portfolio Manager will report to the Chief Investment Officer.
- The Portfolio Manager will be supported by a team of credit-trained junior analysts and associates and work closely with the Team's senior and junior underwriters. The Direct Lending team also leverages JFIN's team of in-house transaction lawyers and agency services and operations professionals that are part of JFIN's team of more than 80 employees.
- The Direct Lending Portfolio Manager is responsible for monitoring a portfolio of senior debt investments and ensuring compliance with JFIN's credit policies and procedures. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate deal closing process to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, seamless funding of transactions, completeness of deal files and successful handoff of transactions from underwriting team
- Perform monthly and quarterly account reviews including analysis of financial and business performance, industry trends, credit agreement compliance, cash flow projections, credit grade and account management strategy
- Assist in the monitoring of overallcredit portfolio performance and conduct quarterlyand annual reviews
- Recommend appropriate internal risk ratings
- Maintain a credit file with all appropriate documentation for each Borrower
- Coordinate Administrative Agency services including uploading documents to deal data site, arranging for quarterly or annual lender calls and responding to investor questions
- Analyze and process amendment and waiver requests for approval by the Chief Investment Officer
- Participate in developing strategies for and executing restructurings and specialsituations
- Monitor, train and mentor junior portfolio managers
- Undergraduate degreefrom a leading institution; concentration in Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred.
o MBA or CFA a plus
- 5-7 years of direct lending/leveraged financeportfolio management experience
o Prior experience managing leveraged Sponsored transactions is preferred
- Formal credittraining a plus
- Ability to construct and audit financial models
- Excellent writtenand verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Available for occasional travel
- Live in or within commuting distance of New York City