Global Investments Business Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Business Management and Admin
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19018831
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
To provide business, financial management and control support for the Global Investments business. To help execute and embed change initiatives in support of the Private Bank's growth plans.
The Business Manager will also be responsible to provide necessary financials, strategic analyses and ad hoc reports to facilitate business management and decision making.
The Business Manager will support the Global Investments Business Manager and the Head of Global Investments and work alongside the Business Managers that support the Global Investments business. The Business Manager will work with the Global Investments team as well as business and functional partners, including Finance, Technology, Operations, Risk, Legal, Compliance and HR.
The Business Manager will champion global investments initiatives, including regulatory projects and global alignment of business processes & metrics.
• Business / Financial Reviews: Responsible for the financial process, including monthly Outlooks, yearly budget process and actuals. Lead the relationship with finance and the global teams. This includes the preparation of Business reviews and any ad hoc presentations required by seniors.
• Manage the annual CCAR process for Global Investments, including model evaluation / modification and presentation to Management. Oversee the review of CVA.
• Support the day-day business execution needs of the Global Investments Business Manager, including preparing presentations used in internal and external forums.
• Change Management: Implement key change initiatives across the Global Investments business. Provide leadership and support in driving change programs by working with ICs, Product Specialists and cross-functional product and infrastructure teams.
• Exposure to all areas of the Private Bank Global Investments business and an opportunity to explore and gain insights into full spectrum of client solutions and investment products within Global Wealth Management.
• Platform to develop strong technical as well as interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Opportunity to develop broad general management and change management skills
• Extensive experience of financial management, business management, operations, sales management support & controls oversight
• Strong product knowledge in Risk Management, Product Control and Middle Office is beneficial
• Proven Project / Change Management and Business Process Improvement experience is essential
• Strong knowledge of procedures, processes and systems in the Citi Private Bank
• Strong understanding of legal and regulatory framework is essential.
• Undergraduate Degree, preferred
• CFA and/or MBA, a plus
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships across functional and geographical lines
• Professional outlook with the ability to use initiative, manage deadlines, coordinate multiple tasks and work to deadlines and targets
• Strong analytical / business evaluation and problem solving skills
• Good written skills and ability to review complex product and legal documentation
• Good initiative & Creativity - ability to present alternatives and constructive new ideas
• Accuracy & Attention to detail
• Ability to influence others without a reporting line
• Analytical Ability
• Communication Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Decision Making
• Influencing Skills / Persuasiveness
• Problem Solving
• Relationship Building
• Risk Awareness
• Teamwork Skills
• Valuing Diversity:
• Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
• Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.