Position Available: Associate Consultant
Founded in 1998, Capital Cities, LLC (“Capital Cities”) is an independent and experienced investment advisory firm with nearly $25 billion in assets under advisement (as of December 31, 2018). We are committed to providing comprehensive consulting solutions to institutional clients, including: public funds, retirement plans, foundations, endowments and operating funds.
At Capital Cities we make it personal. We believe that every client relationship is a personal relationship and that each client deserves a committed team of seasoned professionals to help navigate today’s challenging institutional investment landscape. We believe that this approach applies to each and every client relationship and for all matters, big and small.
Our team works diligently to earn clients’ trust and to extend that trust to internal and external stakeholders. We approach each client engagement thinking “What would we do if we were you?” Our goal is to over deliver on our relationships and our motto is good is not good enough when it comes to taking care of our clients. High client retention rates are proof that at Capital Cities “institutional investing made personal” really works.
Capital Cities is looking for a dynamic, creative, energetic and diligent person to serve as an Associate Consultant. A successful candidate will possess an eagerness to learn, have the ability to work independently and within a team on a variety of projects, and the flexibility and willingness to work under tight deadlines at times.
Duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing fee analyses by evaluating investment management and custodian/program manager/recordkeeper fees and providing fee structure recommendations
- Keeping up-to-date and assisting with research and analysis of the institutional marketplace, including evaluating industry trends
- Conducting portfolio construction studies and investment structure reviews
- Preparing and updating custom investment policy statements for clients
- Assisting in investment manager and custodian/program manager/recordkeeper evaluations and searches
- Researching, drafting and editing write-ups, presentations and white papers
- Reviewing and contributing to the production of client quarterly reports
- Engaging in both routine and ad hoc client communication
- Attending and participating in client meetings
- Supporting the development of new business through preparing RFP responses and finalist presentations
Candidates should have the following skills and characteristics:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to master knowledge of and use of proprietary analytical programs and systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and programs (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Detail-oriented, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Responsibility to self-manage tasks and prioritize
- Desire to be part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of experience in the investment or finance industry
- Experience working with participant-directed plans (i.e., 529 and/or defined contribution plans) is preferred
- CFA/CAIA designation (or progress toward) and/or advanced degree (e.g. MBA)
- Applicant is required to take and pass the Series 65 if hired (unless if CFA designation is held)
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: Associate Consultant.