Branch Team Trainer (22 month contract)
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
This is a 22 month contract role. The Training Facilitation Team is seeking a Training Specialist to support our Branch Team (Financial Advisor and Branch Office Administrator) population through the active programme management and delivery of facilitated training, virtual training, group and one to one learning events. This person will contribute to the success of Financial Advisors and Branch Office Administrators at all levels as they build their professional practice through the execution of their roles in the development of deep client relationships and asset acquisition. Edward Jones supports the Branch Teams professional growth and development from new hire through to retirement, and the Training Specialist plays a key role in this mandate.
The Training Specialist is responsible to:
* Work with each new Financial Advisor and Branch Office Administrator to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to support their success within the respective steps of the training process. This is accomplished through classroom training, virtual instructor led training, one-on-one coaching, and conference calls. Examples include: facilitated learning that highlights best practices for client acquisition and management, individualized coaching and feedback on how to make face-to-face contacts and phone calls to prospective clients, training on effective appointments, systems and time management training.
* Provide follow-up and support to each Financial Advisor and Branch Office Administrator while navigating the on-boarding/ training process, including preparing for classroom training sessions, conducting virtual courses, WebEx sessions and communication with various responsible parties.
* Partner with the Branch Team population throughout the duration of their career with Edward Jones by managing programs tailored to meet their needs at critical junctures of their success path, with a focus on topics such as business planning, serving advanced client needs, and building highly effective teams.
* Manage various home office and field relationships and communication channels that support the Branch Team's long term success by extending development support to each as they continue to grow their practice.
Contribute to the development of the Training Facilitation department by working on division and firm-wide projects, improving procedures and successfully implementing any changes to the curriculum and training processes.
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
* Certificate/Diploma in adult education highly preferred, or obtained within 12 months of hire
* Teaching/training experience required
* Canadian Securities Course (CSC) preferred or the successful candidate will require to obtain CSC within the first 4 months of hire
* 3 years business experience and 2+ years of training/teaching experience preferred
* Knowledge and experience in applying adult education theory and methodology
* Strong facilitation skills
* Ability to master program objectives, learning objectives, program design, program content, and learning measures quickly
* Proficient use of computer systems
* Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally as well as in writing
* Ability to work flexible hours during class weeks or when required