Credit Research Analyst
Credit Research Analyst – Job Description
Public Trust Advisors LLC is a dynamic, growing, Denver based investment advisory firm looking for a Credit Research Analyst. This position requires a desire to develop an understanding of fundamental credit analysis of high-grade issuers. Position requires working closely as part of a team in a very dynamic work environment. Reporting to the Head of Credit, this individual will be a member of the Public Trust Credit Committee. The position requires the analysis of the macroeconomic climate as well as high grade corporate issuers. The review process requires complete fundamental and risk management reviews as well as relative value analyses. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in an investment role and be proficient in conducting research and drafting issuer and sector wide analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fundamental credit analysis of approved and proposed corporate issuers through due diligence, sector and issuer research, developing and conducting proprietary analysis, preparing compelling written recommendations and presenting before Credit Committee. Prepare written reports for new initiations, annual credit reviews, and quarterly sector overviews.
- Will eventually act as lead on specific corporate issuers, including performing issuer analyses and educating team members.
- Continual cycle surveillance using macroeconomic indicators and recommendation of improvements to proprietary products.
- Ongoing surveillance of financial metrics, market signals and other factors using Excel and other internally developed risk management models.
- Interaction with the portfolio managers and credit team to determine appropriate issuers for inclusion in lists, hold codes, risk parameters, and investment policies.
- Attend industry conferences as directed by the head of credit.
- Manage exposure reporting process.
- Ad hoc projects may be required on occasion.
- MS Office skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with S&P Capital IQ and Bloomberg a plus
- Strong teamwork skills required
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Employee will be able to think quickly on their feet and defend their analysis.
- Employee will be able to exercise independent judgment and work well with all levels of employees.
- Keen sense of macroeconomic and sector trends and the ability to convey their impacts on the credit issuers and portfolio holdings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Incumbent will demonstrate the ability to concisely distill an issuer’s story, highlighting meaningful factors of cash generation and deployment, and communicate the strengths, weaknesses and areas of due diligence for an issuer
- Strong presentation skills to diversified audiences required
Other Training, Education, Special Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree and/or progress toward CFA designation preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment analysis.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Reasonable accommodation will be made when possible for persons with physical disabilities or covered under the American with Disabilities Act.