Director, Sr. Fixed Income Analyst
We are seeking an experienced fixed income analyst to join our investment team. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to fundamental, relative-value based investment principles, and a history of analyzing and recommending fixed income securities for inclusion in portfolios. The analyst will spend the majority of their time identifying new investment opportunities and monitoring portfolio holdings in various sectors and asset classes. In addition, all analysts participate in regular investment meetings, and are asked to contribute to the discussion and evaluation of ideas proposed by other team members.
- Develop New Investment Ideas: Identify new actionable investment ideas using independent research and fundamental, relative-value analysis. Prepare research reports and documentation and make recommendations to portfolio managers.
- Maintenance Research and Industry Coverage: Monitor existing security holdings in the various fixed income strategies for assigned sectors and/or asset classes. Provide credit analysis, cross-sector relative value estimates, and monitor industry trends.
- Broker Relationships: Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the broker/dealer community.
- Investment Committee Meetings: Actively participate in investment committee meetings to improve the overall quality of our research and investment process.
- Portfolio Analytics: Use analytical software (e.g., BondEdge/Bloomberg PORT) to perform portfolio modeling, sensitivity analysis, performance attribution, and regular portfolio monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Client/Vendor Relationships: Assist with research and preparation of materials for presentations to current and prospective clients. Provide assistance in maintaining vendor relationships as needed.
- Five or more years of fixed income securities analysis experience.
- CFA Charterholder, or progress toward CFA program completion.
- In depth knowledge of the investment industry, finance, accounting, and economics.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Secondary Qualifications / Desired
- Competent in BondEdge or other fixed income portfolio management applications and other fixed income analytical tools (i.e., Bloomberg Terminal).
- Thorough understanding of structured securities such as ABS / MBS.