Head of Compliance (M/F) - Banking Sector
Kelly Search & Selection is currently recruiting a Head of Compliance for an international bank, based in Lisbon.
Our client is one of the leading banks in Portugal and also with international exposure.
As Head of Compliaance, you will be in charge of developing and assisting the implementation of a robust Compliance Program for the Portuguese Branch. In doing so, you will provide actionable advice and insight to all businesses of the Branch. Such advice includes but is not limited to anti-money laundering and government sanctions, customer protection, insider trading, conflicts, trading and sales practice, regulatory reporting, and other new regulatory initiatives within Europe and globally that may have an impact on the activities carried out by the Branch
You will be responsible for enforcing the Compliance Program through strategic planning and effective communication, training and monitoring of policies, controls and initiatives across functions.
• Be the main point of contact with the Supervisors (CMVM and ASF Bank of Portugal…) in connection with Compliance and Non-Financial Risk related issues;
• Act as a key point of contact with the Executive Management regarding Compliance and Non-Financial Risk issues;
• Provide periodic updates and reporting to the executive management, and external audit organizations;
• Stay up to date with regulatory changes and advising the business
• Implement a Compliance Monitoring and AML Plan;
• Assist with the preparation of audit and examination responses, including monitoring the completion of management commitments/corrective action;
• Monitor industry developments and maintain advanced knowledge of new and amended laws and regulations impacting operations.
Ideally this person will have:
• A Law Degree and /or Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Management;
• 10 years in -house experience as a compliance professional within a global financial services firm or with a regulator required. Experience Experience/contact with Portuguese supervisors and regulators ( mainly CMVM, ASF and Bank Of Portugal);
• Demonstrated experience launching compliance programs, from inception to implementation , including, but not limited to development of risk assessment methodology, development of annual control and training plans, and responding to regulatory inquiries and potential findings, among other things.
• Strong working knowledge of ongoing developments, regulations, and industry best practices.
• Strong organizational, project-management and teamwork skills. Open communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization and to inspire confidence and support for compliance initiatives
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work successfully in a fast-paced environment under time deadlines. Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, high-performing, fluid, and collaborative culture
• Ability to analyze issues and propose options and recommended course of action
• Ability to travel as necessary;
• Advanced Language Skill in Spanish (written and spoken);
• Excellent English language skill (oral and written communication skills)