Manager/Senior Manager, Valuation Modelling & Economics FSO - Sydney or Melbourne
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Make the step from industry and enjoy the variety of work we can offer you
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
Shape the World
We are looking for a Manager/Senior Manager within the Valuation, Modelling and Economics team in our Melbourne or Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
EY's Transactions Advisory Services (TAS) division offers strategic corporate clients and private equity client's professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to execution and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic corporate objectives. Learn more about TAS here .
Within TAS, the Valuation, Modelling & Economics (VME) team advises our clients on a variety of issues concerning their investment, finance and dividend decisions. VME teams extensively with other competencies within EY to work on a diverse range of issues including, but not limited to, investments in fintech / insurtech, open banking, regulatory issues as well as the more traditional issues encountered in a transaction.
Your key responsibilities
- Aligning with the account teams working on a variety of client issues, as well as helping to build out the team and participating in (or leading) sales opportunities with other senior team members and clients;
- Maintaining productive relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Building on the existing business through internal and external business development;
- Being innovative and insightful in considering industry trends and potential disruptions;
- Developing and guiding junior staff by providing timely and effective performance feedback and training.
- Strong modelling skills, with a proven ability to create robust and flexible financial and/or econometric models based on client requirements;
- Exceptional numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in the fields of valuations, financial or econometric modelling;
- A recognised professional designation - CA or CFA preferred.
- High interpersonal and communications skills, with a focus on building internal and external networks;
- Experience in and a passion for the financial services industry;
- The ability and willingness to get involved with business development;
- The ability to develop and manage junior team members effectively and positively.
Who are FSO?
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO can take you!
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.