Analytics Client Service Analyst
The MSCI Global Client Service team is composed of experienced financial professionals that provide first tier support for our clients around the world. Team members are responsible for responding to a wide variety of methodology, usage, interpretational, and technical questions on both analytical and benchmark products. Client contact is primarily via telephone and email, but occasional travel may be required for on-site presentations or trainings. Client Service Specialists work closely with account managers and consultants to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Participate in developing client relationships through proactive follow up on issues raised by clients
- Analyze market performance and data for our clients on a reactive and a pro-active basis
- Maintain relationships by ensuring relevant product and model information is shared with clients
- Provide client feedback to the Marketing, Product Management, Research and Production groups
- Act as point of contact for routine inquiries and data requests
- Keep up with current events and trends in the market place
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodology.
Requirements: • A self-starter and highly motivated, ability to work individually and within a team • 3-5+ years experience in Financial Services • Undergraduate degree in Actuary, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields required. • MFE, MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA , or equivalent highly desired • Ability to articulate complicated concepts or methodologies verbally and in writing to senior management and clients • Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines • Track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities • Ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team and knowing when to involve appropriate colleagues in projects regardless of functional, geographic, and business lines • Ability to develop value-added contributions to both internal and external clients • Track record of challenging self and others to anticipate future trends and creatively capitalize on opportunities • Ability to speak and write in foreign languages a plus • Deep understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets • Demonstrated understanding of financial topics, such as: modern portfolio theory, equity and portfolio construction, optimization, CAPM, multi-factor risk models, market risk, credit risk, and VaR • Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem solving skills • Excellent verbal and written communication skills