PORTFOLIO MANAGER POSITION
Trust Company of Oklahoma (TCO) is the largest and oldest independent trust company in the state, with locations in Tulsa (headquarters) and Oklahoma City. Founded in 1981, the company provides asset management and unbiased financial advice for individuals, families, businesses and other organizations in Oklahoma and throughout the country. TCO currently manages approximately $4.5 billion in client assets and employs 75 professionals.
TCO seeks qualified candidates who share the company’s mission, values and commitment to delivering exceptional customer service. TCO acts as a fiduciary; meaning we always act in our client’s best interest. TCO is currently searching for a portfolio manager to join the Investment Division in Tulsa. This individual will report to the Chief Investment Officer.
All investment options (e.g. stocks, bonds, mutual funds) for a client’s portfolio originate within the Investment Management Division, which includes eight investment professionals who manage client accounts and perform research on new investment ideas as well as existing investments held. All new investment options go through a rigorous, multi-step review process in which we consider the characteristics, risks and opportunities of each individual investment. The firm’s investment process revolves around teamwork. There is no individual solely responsible for the above items. Instead, these investment management related duties are accomplished through group collaboration within the Investment Division.
Portfolio managers are responsible for implementing TCO’s investment philosophy in client accounts. Other responsibilities include:
- Research and analyze individual stocks and mutual funds.
- Select securities for addition to TCO’s approved list.
- Develop investment objectives, asset allocation guidelines and appropriate investment strategies.
- Manage client portfolios using individual stocks, individual bonds and mutual funds selected from TCO’s approved for purchase list.
- Participate in client meetings, which will be a meaningful part of this job.
- Assist in new business development as needed.
The requirements for this position include:
- At least 5 - 10 years of investment related work experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- CFA designation and/or MBA degree is preferred but not required at time of hire.
- For candidates who haven’t earned their CFA designation, preference will be given to those candidates that are actively pursuing their CFA designation and who have passed Level II of the CFA program and are currently enrolled for the Level III exam.
- Prefer candidates with a strong finance and/or accounting educational background.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Jim Arens only at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Your cover letter and resume will be held in strict confidence.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors