Senior Portfolio Manager
Senior Portfolio Manager
Position Title: Senior Portfolio Relationship Manager
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Points of Contact:
A.J. Noll – Vice President
Our client is an established, dynamic investment management firm located in Midtown Manhattan with regional offices across the country. We invest globally for a nationwide client base of high net worth individuals. Our focus is on sound investment advice and superior service to satisfy our client relationships.
We are seeking to add a talented professional to our Beverly Hills team. A Senior Portfolio Manager has the principal relationship responsibility with HNW clients and their Financial Advisors and will meet them on a regular basis to develop Intelligently Personalized (™) separately managed portfolios uniquely tailored to each client’s objectives. This role requires extensive interpersonal skills as well as premier finance and investment skills. The successful candidate will possess a true desire to communicate with clients about their asset allocation, portfolio holdings and the macro economy, as well as dedicate the time necessary to develop enduring client relationships.
- Manage equity and balanced portfolios for HNW clients.
- Advise clients and develop tactical and strategic investment strategies, managing the asset allocation to achieve clients' investment goals.
- Construct client portfolios utilizing both proprietary and non-proprietary products.
- Communicate implementation, strategy and results to clients regularly.
- Develop an asset allocation for each client that is consistent with their investment objectives and risk tolerance.
- Design client portfolios through the use of individual stocks, bonds and funds, determined by the analysis of our Research Team. This position is not a stock analyst position.
- Understand the individual stock and bond research information provided by the research team in order to understand each company included in client portfolios and to effectively communicate with clients.
- Ensure strategic changes are properly implemented into each client portfolio.
- Meet with clients on a quarterly basis to review their asset allocations, stock holdings and discuss the performance of their portfolio.
- Review quarterly investment reports for client presentations.
- Work on a team with associates who are responsible for processing and managing all operational and administrative aspects of each client’s account.
- Meet with prospective new clients and partner with our Sales Consultants to win new clients.
- Meet with existing clients on a regular basis to make in person presentations.
- *Minimum 10 years’ experience in related position
- *MBA, CFA, and/or CAIA received or underway
- *Series 7 and 66
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and emotional intelligence
- High level of curiosity, sense of ownership, accountability and ethical standards
- Excellent analytical skills and research techniques
- Excellent understanding of the economy and market conditions
- Ability to achieve superior performance while complying with all risk and regulatory requirements
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of our investment strategies
- Ability to effectively articulate the investment philosophy to Clients
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.