At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
As Edward Jones continues to grow as a Fortune 500 firm, we continue to evolve and transform our firm wide capabilities. In support of this, we are seeking a senior leader of Finance systems, planning and delivery. The individual selected for this role will enjoy the benefit of working for a well-established 97-year old Fortune 500 firm; but will also have the opportunity to be a change agent within the Firm by contributing to transformational change within Finance technology and processes. This individual will be responsible for leading the following areas:
* Facilitate the collaborative development and execution of a strategic business and technology roadmap.
* Own the business planning and measurement functions for Core Finance.
* Execution of the strategy and plan to optimize the portfolio of projects for the Finance Division.
* Formal leadership of a team of approximately ten leaders and associates, including project management professionals and system analysts
* Informally leading a team of associates across the Finance Division and other areas of the firm through the execution of the project portfolio.
Ultimately, this leader will be responsible for ensuring the coordination of business planning and strategy to a portfolio of project efforts supporting the Firm as a whole, and the Finance Division specifically. The successful leader will be able to coordinate the right mix of resources to ensure optimal delivery and effective execution against a strategic roadmap.
Responsibilities for this role include:
* Provide oversight and accountability for a team of ten associates who are responsible for driving change initiatives that support the Finance Division and the Firm.
* Ensure execution excellence on a portfolio of project efforts ranging in size from small enhancements to large programs.
* Working in partnership with senior division leaders, the role will provide strategic leadership and expertise in the development of initiatives that support successful completion of the Finance Division's business objectives.
* Serve as strategic business partner with Information Systems to achieve the Finance Division's business goals.
* Responsible for people leadership and development of leaders and key talent.
* Create and maintain a culture of customer service, associate engagement, rapport, and development in the Finance Division, as well as across the Firm.
* Work with Firm Planning and other PMOs to determine the effectiveness of the Firm's portfolio of projects through benefits realization.
* Track portfolio contributions to establish metrics to analyze business impact after implementations.
* Partner with other PMOs outside the Finance Division to share industry and internal best practices, and build a culture of transparency and collaboration to mature all PMOs.
* Must be practiced in the discipline of project, program, and portfolio management, using PMP or similar framework.
* Must possess knowledge on a range of subjects and disciplines to support systems thinking, business process efficiency, operational accounting best practices, data analysis, and technology solutions.
* Must be advanced to expert in project and program management, with a depth of knowledge in accounting, information systems, and retail wealth management.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Must be able to think strategically, seeing through complex ambiguous situations from multiple perspectives in order to deliver change in support of a strategic vision.
* Must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business partners.
* Must possess strong communication skills, including ability to communicate openly.
* Must work well collaboratively.
* Must possess the ability to plan and organize efficiently and effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Advanced degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems and/or MBA required.
* 10+ years of experience in related roles.
* PMP certification, or similar professional certification required; or ability to obtain within 12 months of entering position.
* Series 7 – FINRA's General Securities Representative license – is required; or must be obtained within one year of hire date.
* Significant leadership experience, with increasing levels of responsibility.