Structured Finance Analyst
Firm: Braddock Financial, LLC – Denver Colorado
Position: Investment Analyst for a growing Structured Finance fixed income money management firm. Candidate should have strong interest in financial markets and impressive research skills. Additionally, he or she should demonstrate strong knowledge of fixed income valuation and “relative-value” concepts that would promote growth into a junior portfolio management role.
The preferred candidate would have 3-7 years of experience in the Structured Finance fixed income sectors. MBA and/or CFA is desirable. Deep structural knowledge of a sector is preferred (RMBS, ABS or CMBS). Along with being a valuable team player, the candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Information Technology Requirements:
Experience or education with Bloomberg, Intex Solutions, databases querying, Excel spreadsheets with functions/VBA preferred
Reports to the Portfolio Managers
- Assist in the commercial management of Braddock funds: investment ideas and fund strategy, marketing and fund materials, and daily operations from trading and compliance standpoint
- Perform pre and post trade bond analysis, and help build and enhance credit models.
- Utilize loan level database to perform monthly bond level credit monitoring
- Work with Braddock’s data analyst to develop and improve bond and portfolio level risk management tools.
- Create monthly reports/research and perform various analytics on the portfolio and individual assets.
- Use statistical analysis to enhance the internal investment processes/models.
- Develop knowledge/skills related to U.S. fixed income markets, specifically in the RMBS/ABS/CMBS sectors
- Utilize bond level analysis / modeling skills to strengthen analysis of current and potential investment opportunities.
- Perform backup-roll for analyst responsible for daily trading activity, ongoing compliance, daily cash and investment administration matters.