Product Controller for the Equity Derivatives Flow
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Flow EQD P&L team, as part of the Global markets Product Control, provides a full and dedicated support to Equity Derivatives traders. The bank has a substantial trading presence in London, Paris, New York, Hong Kong.
The position is Product Controller for the Equity Derivatives Flow business in Lisbon. The selected candidate will report directly to the Flow EQD Markets P&L team leader. The role will encompass daily P&L responsibilities and the successful candidate will need to fully understand and explain the key P&L drivers.
The trading desks aim to satisfy client needs and provide liquidity in various types of products, from Futures to options.
The Product Controller will be required to establish effective working relationships with both Front Office and other areas of support (e.g. Back Office. Market Risk, Finance & IT). This will allow for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements. Will also need to understand the lifecycles of the products traded, along with the systems and reporting mechanisms required to enable full control and accurate and appropriate information for reporting purposes.
Role And Responsibilities
- Departmental Objectives
- The preparation, and full explanation, of daily and monthly management revenues for the EQD flow markets activity and their reconciliation with the estimates of the traders and with the financial accounts
- The participation in business development initiatives across BNP Paribas support functions and locations
- Producing daily P&L based on the middle office official P&L systems.
- Reconciling P&L to Front office estimates
- Producing daily stepped reval and risk based P&L explains
- Analysing, understanding and writing commentary on P&L using analytical tools
- Working with front office, trade support and other functions to resolve operational and booking issues
- Working with front office, finance and market risk to finalise month end P&L
- Discussing and reviewing trading P&Ls with management
- Ensuring the monthly management P&Ls are consistent with the final end of month general ledger P&L in conjunction with Finance
- Trader Support and Customer Service
- Close liaison with the trading floor to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of trader queries.
- Liase with other Operation functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’.
- Take a ‘can-do’ approach to enhance relationships
- Resolve all issues / conflicts in a timely and customer orientated fashion.
- Adhere to deadlines and objectives
- Clear and concise communication with all teams to ensure the timely and efficient dissemination of information and the resolution of queries arising, including escalation of issues to the team manager
- Ability to gather information from a broad range of sources and disseminate appropriately
- Where appropriate, ability to maintain and explain own position using logic in the light of differing views
- Provide support to Operations in overseas offices as required
- Strong academic background required in Finance/Mathematics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Good knowledge of derivative products within the equity scope, specifically on equity swaps, options and futures
- Strong Excel/PC skills, VBA skills would be an advantage
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong desire to learn the processes and products
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork