Institutional Client Associate
Arnerich Massena in seeking a client associate who will be responsible for providing broad support for the Institutional Client Practice through responsibilities in portfolio operations, and assisting in the development, execution, and ongoing maintenance of client investment programs. This role is predominantly internally focused, though there will be increasing client contact as proficiency is gained.
Founded in 1991, Arnerich Massena is a West Coast-based investment consulting firm that provides discretionary and consulting services for institutional and private investors. The firm works with endowments, foundations and charitable organizations; corporate retirement, pension and profit-sharing plans; and private clients, trusts and estates. Arnerich Massena is distinguished by a focus on exceptional client service, unbiased research, and a long history of building creative, high-quality investment programs. For more information, please visit our website at www.arnerichmassena.com.
At Arnerich Massena, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. With this in mind, we offer a unique corporate culture and competitive benefits package. We are committed to community service and invite employees to spend a portion of their work week volunteering in our community service program. Throughout each year, the firm hosts events for employees to inspire an environment of engagement, appreciation and team cohesiveness. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) retirement plan; and a generous sabbatical program.
Client Deliverable and Project Support: (Approximately 60% FTE)
- Assist with portfolio management and construction, investment manager searches, portfolio attribution and risk analytics, and cash flow analyses
- Update or draft client governance documents on an as-needed basis (e.g., Investment Policy Statement, Service Agreement, Spending Policy, Fee Policy, etc.)
- Coordinate and develop client presentations, client memos, and other related documents and presentations as directed by consultants
- Maintain library of standard client deliverable templates
- Complete ad-hoc client projects as directed by consultants or analysts
- Serve as backup to consultant for client communication
- Some business development support, as well as investment manager research projects
Portfolio Administration: (Approximately 30% FTE)
- Serve as back-up to Institutional Sr. Client Associate for all functions
- New account set up and on-boarding, transaction posting including capital calls and distributions in proprietary software (Milton), and place client trades with various custodians.
- Provide advisors with portfolio updates on request.
- Peer review quarterly and monthly client reports and client follow up letters
- Respond to client, custodian, and manager requests, including providing documents and data form multiple sources
- Track charitable gifting deposits and pro-actively report donation details to the client
- Assist with client audit requests – providing data; coordinating with managers; routing or answering questions as needed
- Scan, organize and file subscription and trade support documentation
- Minimum of 2 year’ work experience, preferably in financial services, brokerage, or with a Registered Investment Advisor
- Four-year college degree in Finance or related field strongly preferred
- Experience with investment manager and research databases (Evestment, Bloomberg, etc.), as well as custodial platforms such as Charles Schwab and US Bank, preferred
- Some experience placing client account trades strongly preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of various information technology interfaces such as Microsoft Office, including spreadsheets, word processing, graphics/presentation software, and database platforms. Advanced Excel skills strongly preferred
- Strong ability to focus and apply attention to detail to work that is frequently routine, with a high level of accuracy, is required
- Commitment to completing projects on deadline, handling multiple tasks simultaneously, and seeking efficiency and polished output is needed
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills are required
- Proven ability to write and communicate effectively and prepare attractive presentations, exhibits, write-ups, and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and to work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel (less than 25% of time)
Arnerich Massena seeks candidates who embody a strong work ethic and the ability to be self-motivated. Candidates must be client service-oriented, with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with a variety of internal and external contacts including prospects, clients and Arnerich Massena staff. We seek candidates who can thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
Applicants must have U.S. work authorization. Arnerich Massena is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strives to provide equal opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation including gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, domestic partner status, or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.