Fixed Income Credit Analyst - Investment Grade Corporate Credit
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), with over $15 billion of assets under management, is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst to assist in managing its $8 billion portfolio of investment grade corporate credit risk.
Candidates must be a New York State resident or willing to relocate. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and monitor creditworthiness of corporate credits within assigned sectors;
- Keep abreast of industry and market developments that affect the credit portfolio;
- Produce written reports on individual credits;
- Conduct periodic reviews of assigned sectors, including the identification of industrywide strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and likely implications for specific credit positions;
- Communicate with other buy-side, sell-side and rating agency analysts to enhance perspective;
- Review bond indentures, covenants and other terms related to bond offerings and corporate actions;
- Prepare financial models of material credit exposures, including “what-if” scenarios, to critically assess creditworthiness and proactively minimize potential credit losses;
- Respond in a timely manner to management requests for credit opinions and market perspective;
- Assist the investments team on key initiatives, special projects, and other credit matters;
- Collaborate with investment analytics to improve risk identification and monitoring tools;
- Coordinate with investment operations, accounting, and others on portfolio positions as needed;
- Communicate with the PM, trader and management on credit matters that affect the portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications
- Minimum of two (2) to seven (5) years’ experience covering corporate credits, preferably at a “buy-side” institution, such as an insurance company or asset manager
- Preference may be given to candidates with an MBA or CFA designation
- Strong communication and financial modeling skills
- Familiarity with Bloomberg API a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter
Primary Location: New York, NY Travel: Minimal
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If necessary, candidates may also mail the information to: New York State Insurance Fund, 15 Computer Drive West, Albany, NY 12205.
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. NYSIF's mission is to guarantee the availability of workers’ compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to New York employers and to provide timely, appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers, while maintaining a solvent fund. Since inception, NYSIF has fulfilled the dual roles for which it was created: to compete with other carriers to ensure a fair market place and to be a guaranteed source of coverage for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere.
NYSIF is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in New York State and among the top 10 largest workers’ compensation carriers in the nation, insuring approximately 155,000 policyholders, with more than $2 billion in annual premium and $18 billion in assets. A self-supporting insurance carrier, NYSIF operates without taxpayer funding.
In addition to workers’ compensation insurance, NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 61,000 New York employers. In 2018, NYSIF added Paid Family leave as a component of its disability benefits product, providing New Yorkers with job-protected, paid time away from work to care for their families.
Please note the following New York State Civil Service employment information:
- Jurisdictional classification: Exempt
- Bargaining unit: Management/Confidential
- Civil Service title: Special Investment Officer
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Insurance CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Insurance CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Insurance CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Insurance CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Insurance CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors