Founded in May 1990, Off Wall Street is an independent consulting, advisory and equity research firm in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA. With a track record unmatched among its peers, Off Wall Street is one of the most highly regarded independent research boutiques in the United States. Off Wall Street specializes in short selling recommendations, but also publishes some related long ideas.
Off Wall Street seeks a Junior Analyst to support a team of Senior Analysts. The research team at Off Wall Street specializes mainly in deep dive public equity short selling recommendations. The Junior Analyst will assist the team by performing primary research on specific investment themes of interest. The Junior Analyst will become a subject expert on specific themes, including potentially disruptive technologies, products and/or services. The ideal candidate will be able to identify and perform fundamental due diligence related to the investment ideas under investigation.
The Junior Analyst will receive direction from Senior Analysts but will also work independently on research. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to learn the art of short selling from the best short selling team in the US and to raise their investment research skills to the next level. This position could lead to a Senior Analyst position.
- Provide fundamental research under the direction of a Senior Analyst team.
- Utilize independent research to generate investment ideas both long and short.
- Provide written summary reports on topics provided, including qualitative and quantitative data points to back up findings and recommendations.
- Create financial modeling on companies that are being researched.
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or CFA or CPA a big plus.
- Preferred areas of coursework and study include finance, business or accounting.
- Proven ability to do financial modeling is necessary
- Background in technology or healthcare a plus.
- One + years of financial research work experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and ability to collaborate.