Equity Research Analyst- Technology
Picton Mahoney Asset Management (“PMAM”) was founded in 2004 to provide unique investment solutions to institutional, retail and high net worth investors in Canada and around the world. We are proud to say that we are 100% employee-owned and manage approximately $7 billion in sub-advisory, pension plan and hedge fund assets on behalf of our clients.
Why Work at Picton Mahoney?
We work together; fully engaged and aligned. We support each other, and our actions contribute to the strategic goals of our firm. We are highly focused on continuous improvement while driving positive change and stronger results across our team and the firm. We believe in integrity and always “doing the right thing” for our clients, colleagues and the firm. We are committed to performance, excellence and winning. At Picton Mahoney, “stepping up” is an action, not a thought, which results in the development and implementation of those ideas. We accept full responsibility for personal performance and results. We believe in being open when providing and receiving feedback, because it makes us better at what we do best.
We are seeking an Equity Research Analyst specializing in the Technology sector to join our dynamic investment team in Toronto. As a successful candidate, you will bring a fresh and innovative approach to our firm’s global portfolios. As an entrepreneurial thinker, you will stay current on trends in technology research and participate in presentations of profitable ideas, ensuring that we are well-positioned to take advantage of market forces and provide strong returns for our clients.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Research and analyze equities in the Technology sector for the firm’s global portfolios (Canadian, US, and International)
- Build and maintain financial models to assist in investment evaluations
- Prepare verbal and written reports on sectors and stocks to communicate investment theories and ideas
- Present profitable ideas and potential investment opportunities to the firm’s portfolio managers
- Develop and maintain business relationships with company management teams and industry experts
- Analyze quarterly reports, conference calls and relevant company details
- Monitor industry trends, remain current on political and economic trends and events to assess impact on investment decisions and existing portfolios
- Actively participate and provide support in all aspects of the portfolio management process from construction to implementation and risk monitoring
The Qualifications and Experiences Required
- University degree in Engineering, Commerce, Finance, Economics, Math or MBA
- CFA designation or enrollment in the program
- 5+ years of equity research experience with demonstrated success covering companies in the Technology sector
- Preference for experiences in both long and short equity investments
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly articulate findings
- Ability to filter vast amounts of information and put forth investment recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Highly professional, flexible and organized
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Self-motivated, results driven and able to work independently
- Strong computer skills and proficient with Excel
- Familiarity with Bloomberg is an asset