Senior Market Analyst
InvesTech Research is not your typical investment research firm. Located at the base of Big Mountain in beautiful northwest Montana, just 40 minutes from Glacier National Park, our firm is far from Wall Street, yet provides fiercely independent research and actionable advice to over 6,700 subscribers in 48 countries.
Dedicated to bringing sophisticated analysis of the stock market to the average investor, InvesTech Research began national circulation of its published research in December 1982. Today InvesTech publishes the InvesTech Research newsletter, which has earned widespread recognition for its time-proven risk management and portfolio allocation strategy, as well as its in-depth analysis of the Federal Reserve. From its unique blending of monetary, technical, and fundamental analysis, InvesTech presents objective advice and a unique perspective on the financial markets and the economy.
Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Market Analyst drives the idea generation, research, and analysis for all InvesTech Research publications and effectively communicates the information, both written and oral, to the rest of the firm and its subscribers. He or she must be comfortable working as a member of a small team with varied responsibilities. The right candidate should have a passion for financial markets and be committed to our ultimate goal of providing high-quality research and service to our subscribers.
- Research, analysis, and development of proprietary indicators
- Oversight, maintenance, and enhancement of an extensive historical database of both technical and macroeconomic data
- Working closely with a wide-ranging interdisciplinary team
- Collaborating with other team members in writing formal reports and publications
- Communicating directly with subscribers and media
- Providing analytical and technical support for firm presentations, webcasts, and special events
- Extensive experience in equity market analysis (quantitative, technical, fundamental)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Aptitude for database management and mastering new software applications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Chartered Market Technician (CMT) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred, or 7+ years of relevant experience required
- Outstanding judgement, intellectual curiosity, creativity, and work ethic
InvesTech offers competitive compensation and a generous benefit package and retirement plan, along with the opportunity to work with talented people in a vibrant community. If you are a self-motivated team player, eager to contribute your expertise and ideas to our organization, while enjoying the desirable quality of life offered in Whitefish, Montana, we invite you to send a cover letter and resume to:
All inquiries will remain confidential