CPB Head of Sustainable Investing
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United States,Connecticut,Stamford
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19009251
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
Citi Private Bank (CPB) Investments organization provides investment solutions to CPB clients globally across a range of capabilities that include proprietary and third-party advisory and discretionary portfolio management as well as capital markets investment solutions across a wide range of asset classes.
The Head of Sustainable Investing position is a new role dedicated to leading and overseeing CPB's approach to sustainable investing.
• The selected candidate will assist with all aspects of developing a sustainable investing offering across the Citi Private Bank Investments platform including building a team
• The selected candidate will lead all aspects of Sustainable Investing for CPB including investment leadership, thought leadership and client engagement
• Provide leadership and guidance to the investment teams to help identify, evaluate and develop investment opportunities aligned with CPB's approach to sustainable investing. The investment teams include (1) manager research teams covering equities, fixed income, multi-asset class, hedge funds, private equity and private real estate; (2) proprietary portfolio management teams covering equities, fixed income and multi-asset class; and (3) capital markets teams that structure indices and products
• Partner with the Global Investment Lab to help develop investment capabilities aligned with CPB's approach to sustainable investing.
• Drive the development and commercialization of products and solutions globally. Analyze competitive landscape and articulate CPB's competitive advantages
• Lead training for the organization globally including the development and delivery of the curriculum via a variety of mediums
• Work with ICG teams outside of the Private Bank, such as Global Sustainability and Inclusive Finance, to ascertain internal and external communication is aligned with broader corporate strategy
• Partner with colleagues across the firm including marketing, operations, technology and control functions to ensure an end-to-end client experience
• Represent CPB at internal and external forums such as conferences and client events
• Provide thought leadership and content for relevant presentation materials for internal and external audiences, including marketing materials, client case studies, and training materials to deliver across a range of mediums including presentations, videos, written communications, etc.
• Write white papers on thematic areas of focus, such as gender lens investing, environmental investing, etc.
• Partner with the Office of the Chief Investment Strategist and provide timely insights related to sustainable investing into key themes
• Partner with client-facing teams to deepen client relationships through strategic client engagement to accelerate effective implementation of sustainable strategies and ultimately drive revenue and AUM.
• Support client-facing teams in responding to client sustainable investing inquiries; selectively responding to and/or meeting with clients, as requested
• 10-15+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry in asset management/wealth management
• Demonstrated experience in sustainable investing and ESG subject matter expertise
• Experienced investment professional with high level of market sophistication and broad technical expertise spanning all major asset classes (fixed income, equities, property, hedge funds, private equity and other alternatives).
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate and influence across a broad range of sophistication levels
• Bachelor's degree required, CFA or MBA preferred
• 7, 66