Director - Intermediary External Wholesaler
At Diamond Hill, we are committed to an intrinsic value-based investment philosophy with a long-term focus and are interested in knowledgeable, self-directed individuals with a real passion for the investment management business. We seek energetic, collaborative, versatile candidates with the desire to be part of a growing and dynamic organization. For dedicated individuals with a strong work ethic, we offer the opportunity for a career rather than just a job.
Director – Intermediary External Wholesaler (Pacific Northwest or Denver)
The Director – Business Development is responsible for establishing, building and maintaining key manager research contacts, as well as finding opportunities to acquire new business for all of Diamond Hill’s investment strategies which include long-only equity, alternative long-short equity and fixed income. Preferred location in Denver, Seattle, Portland or San Francisco.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with current advisors and prospective advisors. Seek opportunities for new business relationships within the intermediary channel (wirehouses, independent broker-dealers, RIAs).
- Be an expert on Diamond Hill’s investment philosophy and process; effectively educate advisors and prospects on what differentiates Diamond Hill from other asset managers.
- Be a guide on all Diamond Hill strategies including positioning, holdings, and investment results. Serve as a resource to advisors, providing timely and meaningful updates about Diamond Hill and our strategies.
- Collaborate with business development colleagues to share market and business intelligence. Provide mentorship for junior members of the team.
- Retain accurate and detailed records in Client Relationship Management System.
- Conduct presentations, participate in industry panels and provide marketing support during industry conferences.
- Partner with Marketing and other internal groups to identify the messaging and materials that will be most effective with advisors. Provide ongoing feedback and knowledge sharing.
- Awareness of and compliance with all applicable industry regulations.
- At least 7-10 years of sales experience in the investment management industry.
- Knowledge of mutual funds, separate accounts and related products, distribution, pricing, and support. Experience working within the intermediary channel required. Experience selling fixed income strategies a plus.
- Self-motivated with an initiative and desire to succeed, and a strong focus on client service.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive client information, and company data/information.
- Working knowledge of the Investment Company/Advisors Acts of 1940 and the various related issues of industry compliance preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent relationship skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in investments, finance, economics or related business discipline required. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 are preferred or can be obtained within 120 days from start date.
- Investment industry designations such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) preferred.
Diamond Hill associates enjoy a working environment that supports professional and personal growth, thereby improving associate satisfaction, the productivity of the firm, and most importantly, the experience of our clients. Benefits include a competitive pay package, the opportunity to accumulate shares of Diamond Hill stock, a 401k plan with a generous company match, health and dental insurance, and paid parking.
A dedication to our intrinsic value-based investment philosophy is essential and all associates with a desire to make additional investments in U.S. equity or bond securities are required to do so by investing in Diamond Hill Funds, thereby aligning our interests with those of our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Decisions on hiring and promotion are based only upon the individual’s ability to perform the job and dependability once hired. Race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or ancestry, military/veteran status, tenure, genetic information, or disability are not considered in decisions of employment, benefits, or advancement.