Longbow Capital Inc. is a Calgary-based private equity investment manager focused on the North American energy sector. Since its inception in 1997, Longbow has raised approximately $500 million of capital and currently targets minority and majority investments of $5 million to $25 million in size. Longbow invests in upstream oil and gas companies, oilfield services companies, and energy-related infrastructure. Longbow has an established reputation as a successful investor that operates with the highest of integrity.
Longbow has an opportunity to add one individual to its investment team. We are recruiting a talented and motivated team member who would like to work with a group that has considerable experience in the energy sector in mergers and acquisitions, investing, finance, and strategy.
As a member of the investment team, the successful candidate will evaluate future private equity investment opportunities and work with Longbow’s current portfolio companies on financial integration initiatives, growth initiatives, and corporate strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing financial and operational analysis and conducting due diligence to support these initiatives. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with multiple Managing Directors and will gain significant experience by working with Longbow’s portfolio companies.
- Conduct research and analysis into a variety of private equity investment opportunities for Longbow; lead key due diligence work streams;
- Conduct corporate modelling of potential investment opportunities;
- Provide analytical support, problem solving, and opportunity identification for existing portfolio companies;
- Interfacing with legal, accounting and other transactional advisors;
- Prepare presentations for internal and external purposes; and
- Supporting the investment and operational team in a multitude of ways to maximize the effectiveness of the firm.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Three to five years of relevant experience which can include experience within: (i) the mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and/or valuations group of an accounting firm; (ii) a business or corporate development group of an operating company; or (iii) investment banking;
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with advanced modeling;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience evaluating financial statements;
- Resourceful with a desire to find solutions;
- Strong team orientation balanced with the ability to work autonomously on projects and initiatives;
- High level of motivation and the ability to work hard;
- Willingness to travel within North America;
- Exceptionally high level of focus on quality of work and attention to detail;
- A professional accounting designation or CFA charter holder; and
- Strong sense of integrity and personal accountability.
This is a rare opportunity to build your career in private equity with a growing and unique private equity firm in Calgary.
Interested candidates should apply to Nancy Dhaliwal at email@example.com with “Longbow Capital Inc. – Associate Application” in the subject line of the email.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in the position; however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Longbow Capital Inc. is committed to the principles of employment equity.