Compliance Branch Auditor, Home Based Associate
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we've located our 12,000+ branch offices in the neighborhoods where our nearly 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with them. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience.
The Branch Auditor is responsible for conducting field audits of Edward Jones branches within a specific audit schedule, to ensure that all branches fully comply with applicable firm policies and regulatory rules.
* Conducts visits on approximately 220 branch offices in Canada each year, which includes travelling for about 21 – 27 weeks, including some air travel and overnight stays
* Responsible for scheduling and booking all travel arrangements and audits
* Prepare for branch audit by reviewing electronic records, past audit results, branch's book of business, and branch notes.
* Conducts Branch visit including branch inspection, review of physical books and records, discuss and educate Branch associates on pertinent compliance topics.
* Post-audit responsibilities include:
+ preparation of an audit summary report in respect of each branch visited, indicating the audit grade and detailing findings, recommendations and requirements - for approval by supervisor.
+ communication of audit results and requirements to the Advisor and BOA in formal report,
+ review of the adequacy of the branch responses to ensure all issues are addressed,
+ communication of issues and decisions as appropriate to relevant home office associates (for example, to enable further investigation and internal discipline where warranted),
+ in the case of audits with a grade of "Unsatisfactory", revisit the branch within 3 to 6 months to confirm correction of findings cited in audit report.
+ follow up on all action items with branch team, by phone or email to confirm the correction of findings
+ track all audits and findings with follow up details.
* Projects as assigned by Leader.
* Canadian Securities Course, Conduct and Practices Handbook required or must be obtained within 2 years of hire
* Bilingualism preferred (French or Mandarin)
* University degree in a business related field preferred
* Minimum of 2 years industry experience required
* Compliance or supervisory experience is preferred
* Strong knowledge required of:
+ relevant rules and policies of regulators
+ requirements, policies and procedures of the firm
+ products/ solutions offered by the firm, and
+ the firm's supervisory systems
* Technical skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn job-specific software and adapt to technological changes as they arise
* Continual awareness of the regulatory environment, securities industry developments & current issues is also required
* Must be able to work autonomously and communicate even difficult messages clearly & tactfully, verbally and in writing.