Relationship Manager Portfolio Management
The Family Wealth Relationship Manager role in Portfolio Management provides comprehensive investment advice and management for private clients and serves as Relationship Manager on designated relationships. This position works closely with an experienced team of wealth advisory and planning colleagues to provide integrated wealth management solutions that meet varied, complex private client needs. This position requires working knowledge of additional practice areas such as financial and estate planning, fiduciary investment and administration, philanthropic advisory, business development and other relevant disciplines.
Portfolio management and Investments. Develop, implement and proactively communicate and manage investment plans on behalf of clients, consistent with the firm’s best thinking and practices. Formulate client investment objectives, create Investment Policy Statements, develop and implement an asset allocation that enables the client to achieve stated objectives, and monitor overall portfolio construction to ensure alignment with client’s wealth objectives. Prepare and maintain client information in accordance with documentation retention practices and procedures utilizing the client relationship management (CRM) system and all other required technology platforms. Become proficient with the firm’s investment solutions, including Separately Managed Accounts, Private Equity, hedge funds and other specialized strategies. Participate in Investment Policy Committee meetings, Manager Research meetings, and other venues to maintain investment knowledge and contribute to firm thinking.
Relationship management and Client Service. Serve as Relationship Manager on designated client relationships, being accountable for coordinating investments, financial planning, administration and other wealth management advice and solutions. Adopt a ‘leader among peers’ management approach in fulfilling Relationship Management responsibilities, and coordinate with external advisors as appropriate. Work closely with other professionals on the team to ensure that clients benefit from our best thinking across relevant wealth management practice areas. Identify financial and non-financial considerations to integrate into the overall investment plan. Supervise support staff and work closely with junior professionals by teaching specific skills and sharing experiences that will allow them to expand their contribution to the firm.
Business Development. Participate in new business development process, attend company-sponsored events, cultivate COI’s, and partner with Business Development Officers to create, present and execute investment proposals tailored to meet client objectives.
Firm Building. Active engagement in department-specific and firm-wide initiatives in order to expand capabilities, create solutions to unmet business needs, improve client experience, or develop more efficient processes. Ability and willingness to contribute to the advancement of team, office and business capabilities. Other duties as required by the position.
- Ability to manage difficult or complex investment portfolios for investment management accounts or fiduciary (irrevocable or revocable trust) accounts.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in Investment Management with a focus on Portfolio Management and a track record of investment success.
- Proven ability to work with private clients in a collaborative team-based environment and must possess exceptional client relationship management abilities
- Strong knowledge of and interest in the Capital Markets.
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to discuss other wealth management disciplines and how they integrate into a comprehensive plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Commitment to the investment and wealth management industry as demonstrated by an advanced degree (MBA) or certification (CFA).
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors