We are fundamental long-term investors looking for a highly motivated “investment-geek” to fill the position of Fund Analyst. Working in the Liquid Investment Division, you should be intensely curious, have a strong willingness to learn and self-educate about new strategies, work diligently and be intellectually honest. A deep understanding of credit and credit related strategies is a requirement.
- Source, analyze, select and regularly monitor fund managers (long-only and hedge funds)
- Conduct on-site investment and operational due diligence and write due diligence reports
- Monitor and follow-up with managers and conduct detailed analysis of monthly/quarterly performance
- Prepare manager review reports and communicate performance reports, market information and other topics linked to the investments pursued to CIO and other teams in the firm
- Coordinate implementation with Legal, Operations, and Risk & Compliance departments
- Build databases to analyze managers
- Report to the co-head of the Liquid Investment Division
- 5-10 years manager research experience with broad coverage of asset classes/investment strategies
- A demonstrable focus on credit strategies, but an understanding of the broader spectrum of alternatives
- An extensive network in the fund/hedge fund industry is a must
- In-depth knowledge of analytical tools/database applications (e.g. Morningstar, HFR, Eurekahedge) and working knowledge of market data systems (e.g. Bloomberg)
- CFA or financial post-grad; CAIA is a plus
- Demonstrable passion for investing and markets
- Open minded and willing to try new ideas, explanations and processes
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; German is a plus
- Must be resident in Switzerland or willing to relocate
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- An environment uniquely dedicated to correct investment thinking and practice
- A culture of open discussion, intellectual honesty and constructive dissent
- A platform on which to improve and grow your already significant talents
- Responsibility given early
- Reward commensurate with performance
Calibrium provides a challenging and fair work environment in an international team.
We only consider applications which include a cover letter and CV (no more than 2 pages).
Please send your complete application documents to: email@example.com.