VP Business Manager - Fixed Income
You will provide business management support to the Fixed Income (FI) Platform in partnership with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Fixed Income and the Fixed Income Executive Team. You will partner with the FI Leadership team to develop and execute organization initiatives, executive communications and presentations, business strategy, data collection, analyses and reporting, overall project management and provide liaison support in broader Voya Investment Management (IM) initiatives.
1. Lead execution and help prioritize key initiatives of the FI Team:
- Identify, lead, facilitate, and prioritize key Fixed Income initiatives and medium to long-term strategic plans in partnership with the FI Senior Leaders
- Help deliver on strategic planning for FI and monitor key performance indicators for all strategic initiatives
- Maintain the agenda for Leadership meetings and prepare draft proposals for review and approval
- Act as liaison with other Voya IM business divisions to keep the CIO and senior leadership team informed of key initiatives
2. Assist with the development and implementation of business initiatives that involve in-depth financial components:
- Build and maintain a strategic dashboard of top strategic and investment initiatives across fixed income platform
- Partner with the Finance team to provide analyses of the financial implications of business/product line changes or expansions
- Develop and manage the budget and long-term projections associated with related business initiatives
- Project manage intra-platform initiatives, working in concert with Fixed Income team leaders as well as Legal, Risk, Compliance, Operations, IT, etc.
- Work with the Project Management Office (PMO) on inter-platform initiatives or projects of greater complexity/spend
- Collaborate with Compliance, Risk, DIG, IT, Data, etc. to ensure their project plans and prioritizations best align with Fixed Income’s top priorities via bi-weekly meetings
- Collaborate with Finance on financial dashboards, team profitability, forecasting, budgeting, etc.
3. Support and/or represent CIO of Fixed Income in Voya Financial and Voya IM initiatives:
- Support cooperation and communication of best practices
- Represent the CIO in compliance and governance functions including IM Risk Committee, IM Conflicts Committee, and Mutual Fund Board reporting
- Partner with the CIO on employee engagement issues and activities
- Proxy for the CIO for Atlanta site related issues ranging from weather related emergencies, facility expenditures, the employee giving campaign, etc.
- Serve as business point person with Procurement, Operational Risk Management, broker-dealer relationships and regulatory and compliance issues related to FI
4. Partner with Head of Insurance Portfolio Management on growing the external client insurance asset management business, including:
- Develop new products and/or services
- Marketing materials and thought leadership
- Solving operational and reporting issues
- RFP Responses
5. Partner with product team on new product development, existing product management, product marketing, and product pricing initiatives
- Align Fixed Income resources to best deliver on Product initiatives
- Monitor/communicate capacity for capacity-constrained strategies, and figure out impact on pricing
- Provide input on all pricing discounts requested by Distribution
- Partner with Distribution on personnel departure communications
6. Lead and design key presentation efforts across a broad range of areas:
- Identify and recommend appropriate materials for presentations
- Collect data and perform analysis to provide accurate and informative content
- Provide effective methods and tools to communicate the information to the audience
- Develop performance, financial, and commercial updates on regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree in corporate finance, strategy, business development, or similar; Master’s in Business and Administration and/or CFA/FSA strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years’ post graduate business experience to include general business management, business strategy and development focus.
- Experience in investment management required, strong investment product expertise in fixed income products preferred.
- Strong financial competency with the ability to analyze, communicate and recognize financial issues.
- Extraordinary organization skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and exercise sound business judgment
- Strong skills in oral and written communication; including experience in effectively communicating with employees, colleagues, clients, and executives.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to partner and work effectively with other IM business divisions.
- Strong ability to translate ambiguity into tangible action items and steps.
- Proficient in computer skills including Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.