Senior Portfolio Consultant, Investment Advisory
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
* Partner with FAs in all aspects of the Advisory Solutions custom portfolio construction process, offering insights and practical strategies around asset allocation, tax minimization, portfolio structure and optimal investment allocations across multiple client accounts.
* Independently develop and implement the personalized portfolio solutions and tailored goals-based advice valued by clients, in alignment with firm advice and guidance, based on their objectives, risk profile, time horizon and preferences.
* Provide expert level case management directly to FAs, as the portfolio specialist, in order to effectively implement model changes, portfolio objective adjustments, IPC asset allocation changes and/or manager strategy removals.
* Serve as the Investment Advisory subject matter expert when representing the firm's Advisory Solutions fee-based programs directly to high net worth clients in collaboration with our Client Consultation Group (CCG).
* Support FAs in developing client presentations by clearly communicating recommendation rationale, key considerations and client outcomes associated with client cases.
* Deliver presentations at client events, regional meetings, seminars and web conferences.
* Have a deep understanding of Advisory industry trends and the competitive environment, and be able to apply this knowledge when serving the needs of FAs and clients.
* Help train and develop newer associates.
Education and Certification
Bachelor degree required. Finance background and/or advanced degree preferred.
Series 7 and 66 FINRA licenses are required to be obtained within six months of hire.
Completion of CFA designation, including relevant work experience criteria.
5 to 7 years of Advisory or Financial Services industry experience. Background in asset allocation advice and guidance, portfolio construction, investment analysis and/or investment management strongly preferred.
* Strong technical aptitude, analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Strong knowledge of economic, statistical and investment concepts.
* Advanced expert level understanding of firm's Advisory Solutions programs.
* Strong verbal communication and presentation delivery skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.