VP Insurance Portfolio Manager
This position provides an opportunity to become key contributor to Voya Investment Management’s Insurance Portfolio Management Team. This team is the focal point for the stewardship and management of investment mandates for Voya’s growing insurance distribution channel.
You should possess the professional and intellectual versatility to participate in and contribute to all aspects of the life cycle of the continued expansion of this critical growth area, including business development, portfolio management, idea generation and problem-solving, analytical support, client servicing and relationship management.
This role comes with significant opportunity to grow rapidly in complexity and responsibility based on your unique skills and the growth trajectory of our client base and the associated assets under management.
- In a team setting, the Insurance Portfolio Manager works with prospective and existing insurance company clients to define and understand their holistic investment needs.
- Based on this deep and multi-faceted understanding, you will help design an investment solution that reflects each client’s unique requirements.
- Contribute to the implementation of each customized investment solution by coordinating the investment activity and decision-making of all the Voya asset sector specialists across all public and private fixed income asset classes and alternatives.
- Direct and coordinate internal non-investment expertise, including risk, tax, capital, legal, and accounting, to ensure an appropriate appreciation for those disciplines is incorporated into the investment decision-making process.
- Participate in the ongoing servicing of insurance client needs including providing analytical and informational support to investment strategy process, monitor and report on investment positions, produce scheduled and ad hoc reports on portfolio position and performance, monitor and report financial market data, and monitor portfolios for adherence to investment policy guidelines.
- Play a role in supporting all client’s informational requirement including responding to requests for information from clients, preparing informational materials for weekly and monthly client communications, taking active role in creating quarterly investment reviews.
- Work with investment operations staff to help resolve any client-related administrative and investment operations issues as needed.
- Given the dynamic nature of the investment environment and effect that environment can have on an insurance company’s investment requirements, you will assist in developing and executing proactive, creative ongoing initiatives intended to identify and satisfy client’s evolving needs.
- While performing the role outlined above, you are responsible for understanding and following all firm policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience managing investment portfolios for an insurance company; will consider related work experience in lieu of direct insurance-related experience.
- MBA with emphasis in finance and accounting; CFA designation desired.
- Strong teammate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong analytical capabilities
- Strong customer orientation
- Knowledge of the following strongly desired:
- Public and private fixed income instruments and portfolio management
- Insurance company regulations
- Risk-based capital for insurance companies
- Statutory and GAAP investment accounting for insurance companies
- Insurance company products
- Asset-liability management in an insurance company environment
- Total return attribution
- PC skills and ability to use/learn analytical software