Securities Research Analyst / Portfolio Management Strategist
Securities Research Analyst Job Description
This Securities Research Analyst job description outlines the main roles, responsibilities, skills, and education required for the position of Research Analyst.
Securities Research Analyst Job Description – Key Responsibilities
- Research securities of target industries and companies to provide investment recommendations
- Collect and analyze company data to facilitate recommendations
- Develop and write research reports and publications..
- Financial modeling: input data into proprietary financial models to create charts, dashboards and supporting material
- Maintain current knowledge of macroeconomic and industry specific current events across multiple industry sectors
- Conduct primary research from industry sources
Securities Research Analyst Job Description – Relevant skills, knowledge, and experience
- Finance, Accounting, Economics Major preferred
- Chartered Financial Analyst Designation a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and express complex ideas succinctly
- Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Willingness to speak in public
- Analyst industry experience as an analyst
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word is required
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, Sentieo, Y-Charts or other data mining software is an asset
The Securities Research Analyst will provide analysis of macroeconomic and security specific data to inform portfolio managers and assist them in the investment decision making process. The job requires problem-solving expertise and a broad knowledge of the stock market to successfully interpret data into meaningful recommendations. These recommendations are in regard to buying or selling certain debt and equity investments.
The primary duty of a Securities Research Analyst is to assist the company’s Portfolio Managers in the critical evaluation of potential equity and fixed income investments. Oftentimes, direction is provided by senior team members, but the Securities Research Analyst is responsible for the majority of the valuation and analysis work on their own. Other aspects of the Securities Research Analyst duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Producing financial models, evaluating public information, and gathering any other available forms of data.
- Interviewing managers, suppliers, customers, and competitors, to collect data.
- Writing brief communications for quarterly reports and analysis of current issues
- Developing and producing proposals for retail advisors
- Creating marketing material for public distribution
Job Type: Full-time
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors