GF Senior Auditor
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19010887
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1700 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The Senior Auditor will be based in Singapore and report to the Singapore IA FXLM Audit Controller, and will organizationally reside in the regional FXLM team. The role will be responsible for covering the APAC FXLM business as well as global support.
The Citi Markets business activity takes place across 15 countries in Asia Pacific and follows a Hub and country model; the regional Hubs are based in Singapore and Hong Kong. The Hubs focus on servicing global clients across the Citi network and serve as centres for consolidation of risk, managing liquidity and capturing arbitrage. The country Markets business primarily services local clients and the Hubs. Markets products include interest rate trading, FX trading, Equity trading, Risk Treasury, Commodities, Corporate Sales and Structuring, Capital Markets Origination, Prime Finance, Credit Trading and Investor Sales activities. The requirements will include auditing Markets business activity as well as key independent support functions, such as Risk, Finance, Compliance and Operations and Technology. Singapore is the Markets regional hub for Foreign Exchange and Local Markets (FXLM) and Commodities divisions.
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business
- Performs audits related to Markets, in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding local regulatory knowledge and a solid business understanding of markets trading products.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Equities and Fixed Income products, especially those associated with the Markets business
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.