Investment Operations Analyst
The NZ Superannuation Fund is New Zealand's sovereign wealth fund established to partially pre-fund the future cost of New Zealand superannuation. The Fund is currently ~$39 Billion, invested across a wide range of asset classes. The NZ Superannuation Fund has won global accolades for its financial performance, governance and transparency, as well being recognised as one of the most innovative sovereign wealth funds globally. The Fund is managed by a Crown Entity, the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation (Guardians).
What is the opportunity?
An opportunity has come up for an Analyst within the Investment Operations team that is responsible for the effective administration of the Guardians' portfolio through controls and oversight across the portfolio as well as trade support and lifecycle management.
The primary activities in your role will include:
- Providing trade support to ensure accurate capture of new trading activity
- Trade lifecycle management, including; corporate actions, resets,
novations, upscales/downscales, terminations, credit events, etc
- Performing controls and checks to ensure internal tools and portfolio
reporting are accurate
- Investigating and resolving reconciliation breaks (position, transaction,
- Liaising with service providers (global custodian, OMS provider, external
investment managers and counterparties)
Who are we looking for?
To be successful you must:
- Have a strong ability to build relationships
- Have strong commercial acumen
- Be a motivated team player with good communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving ability
- Have strong attention to detail and time management
- Be willing to actively contribute to our collegial, constructive culture
Preferred experience could include:
- Experienced in Financial Markets (Sell side experience an advantage)
- Experienced in post trade life cycle management and trade support
- Experienced in reconciliations, investigation and resolution
- Working knowledge and understanding of traded instruments (securities,
cash/money market or derivatives)
- Process improvement
- Understanding of system flows/upstream downstream processes
- Experience as working within a project team
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to be a part of a high performing team, working alongside
best in class colleagues in the internationally renowned and awarded
Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation Fund
- A commitment to your professional development – through on the job
opportunities, exposure and accredited training
- A chance to play an integral part in the prosperity of New Zealanders
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build a strong and diverse workforce, the Guardians activity seek to build an inclusive workplace and strongly encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool. Please contact Daniel Turner on 021 193 0369 for a confidential discussion or apply today.